Sign in to follow this  
slait

SibWings Release Their An-2

I haven't found a single bug.  There is a slight learning curve however the plane is forgiving and a joy to fly.  Graphics are great. Documentation is great.

The plane is so stable and easy to fly it almost seems wrong.

In the screenshots it looks like the cockpit has the steam gauges themselves in Russian but a lot of switches (e.g. lights) in English. I assume this is because it's modeled after a particular plane that was set up that way in the cockpit. Can anyone confirm if that's how it's set up or if there's an option to switch the whole thing to Russian (that's right, this is not one of those "can I have the whole thing in English please" questions  :P)?

It's a lot simpler this time round Steve.

Great, thanks Ron. I put off buying the Bird Dog for the longest because of that, but finally caved.  Is it an online or just a key?

Thanks again

Steve

Steve Corzine

Banner_FS2Crew_Emergency.png

I've been admiring this plane for a long time. May have to buy this one. Looks awesome!!

Well it's definitely fun! Just a pain to get used to. Took me 3 times to get through the checklist without the battery dying, and even then, I set fire to my engine twice! Looks great, sounds amazing, frames are good, and the documentation that SibWings provides is quite good. Best 16 euro I've ever spent!

Wow! Now I wonder if the FDE is up to those of the best GAs out there. It looks fantastic

Alexis Mefano

Interesting that the manual (page 7) recommends trying DX10 preview with this one.

Even has a link to the AVSIM DX10 forum.

Anyone tried it in P3D?

gb.

YSSY. Win 10, 6700K@4.8, Corsair H115i Cooler, RTX 4070Ti, 32GB G.Skill Trident Z F4-3200, Samsung 960 EVO M.2 256GB, ASUS Maximus VIII Ranger, Corsair HX850i 850W, Thermaltake Core X31 Case, Samsung 4K 65" TV.

Sibwings won me over with their Bird Dog.  I just had to pick up the An-2... so much character (vintage radial.. what more do you want?!), some of the best modelling to be seen in FSX, actual systems modelling plus audible and unique switch/lever sounds... all for $20.

Good to hear the positive initial responses. I can't say I'm surprised given their other offerings, but I'm still happy to hear it. Might pick it up this weekend.

- Aaron

looks terribly ugly. i really like it. gotta try asap

Cenk Demir

Besiktas JK 1903

This plane is so ugly that it's beautiful.  I've been trying to cut back on buying stuff for FSX since I'm using XPX64 much more now, but I may have to make an exception for this one.  It's just too tempting.

I may wait a few days and see if it is offered at Simmarket.  I would rather buy it there.

Just Outstanding!!!

10/10!

Handles nice, easy on frames. the graphics, the look, the feel... Everything! Stunnig work SibWings!!!

Love this bird already, only taken a short trip around ESSB, but I just fell completley in  love with Her... one can almost smell the taste of this old Lady

once You sit in that cockpit!

Gotta get up in the blue again!

Cheers folks!

Regards

Per

Yea, after reading the positive opinions, I couldn't resist.  Especially at that price.. not exactly a risk!

Very impressed.  Textures are beautiful. Start-up procedures are just complex enough to be enjoyable. Sounds sweet.  Wonderful to fly, love the way she just 'settles' back onto the runway at crazy slow speeds.

Brings back memories (albeit non-aviation) - I grew up on a family farm; my grandpa had a 'thing' for Russian farm equipment and thus we had several old Belarus tractors of various sizes kicking around.  The one that I remember most was this great big articulated job that happened to share the same engine as the T-34 tank.  Had a deep throaty roar to it that you could hear from a mile away.  also had lots of 'neat' touches that you just wouldn't see on anything North American, like roll down windows, a passenger seat, warning labels that read stuff like 'drain water from radiator at night in cold weather'... Anyways, you can darn near see the same purposeful no-nonsense engineering in the AN-2.  Great stuff. ^_^

Jim Stewart

Milviz Person.

I watched the video and I had to shut the sound off. The soundtrack seemed to be appropriate for an alien encounter movie. Really weird. Nice plane though.

Bob