Sign in to follow this  
slait

SibWings Release Their An-2

Got it today and it's just a fantastic add-on. It feels nice, sounds beautiful, handles great, the VC locks authentic and worn. Its a bargain for 20 bucks! Great that there are still developers out there trying something new and somewhat unorthodox. No enough quality Russian birds out there! Appreciate it!

Raised in former East Germany, i still remember seeing them in the air once in a while - but mostly i remember the books from my grandfathers library about Russia/Siberia and the countless pictures of this plane in daily use there. Liked it so much -had it as a model plane when i was kid.

All i need now is some nice scenery with dirt strips in the unaccessible regions of Russia...

Get out and get it!

Nico

Might consider this, an AN2 flies over my house a few times a week, float more like it, such a slow cruise but very loud.  I hope they modelled the sound well! 

-Iain Watson-

Bought it today,didn't get a chance to fly it yet, grrr

Jude Bradley
Beech Baron: Uh, Tower, verify you want me to taxi in front of the 747?
ATC: Yeah, it's OK. He's not hungry.

X-Plane 11 X-Plane 12 and MSFS2020  🙂

System specs: Windows 11  Pro 64-bit, Ubuntu Linux 20.04 i9-9900KF  Gigabyte Z390 RTX-3070-Ti , 32GB RAM  1X 2TB M2 for X-Plane 12,  1x256GB SSD for OS. 1TB drive MSFS2020

I can´t get the pneumatic pressure up, it stays zero.

Only way I found so far was to open the Air Supply Charging (Pneumo) Valve before shutting off the engine.

Rolf... that nutty "alarm clock" sound is coming from the Radio Altimeter (sorry guys... got booted from Teamspeak and can't get back on).

As nice as the Staggerwing is... I suppose people expect more like the Sibwing Quality (makes it much easier to part with a Twenty).

Edit:

Anyone having trouble with the Tailwheel? It seems locked while taxiing whether the lock switch is up or down...

I have been waiting for this aircraft. As soon as I can get my home Internet working again (this post from work) I will buy this product. I have Sibwings Safir and Bird Dog and know the quality of their products. (Now if I can just sort out my wireless router !!!!

That's the type I was in the air fist time in my life time. I still jump in on every airshow in the area just to feel the outstanding 1000HP radial and feel the 'less than 1G' flight (this Antonov produces a lot of lift, which is greatly felt even in the lightest turbulence)

I just had to buy this... Can't wait to try it tonight. Superb!

CASE: Louqe S1 MKIII CPU: AMD R5 7600X RAM: 32GB DDR5 5600 GPU: nVidia RTX 4070 · SSDs: Samsung 990 PRO 2TB M.2 PCIe · PNY XLR8 CS3040 2TB M.2 PCIe · VIDEO: LG-32GK650F QHD 32" 144Hz FREE/G-SYNC · MISC: Thrustmaster TCA Airbus Joystick + Throttle Quadrant · MSFS DX11 · Windows 11

Looks awesome! Can't wait to press the 'buy now' button. I've flown this beauty for couple of hours and she is stunning piece of machinery indeed. Glad to hear good initial responses.

amazing view from the cockpit or what?  I feel an Alaskan snow storm coming on..

ZORAN

There is one that does the rounds of the UK airshows and I recall being totally astonished at the way it almost "hovered" in the sky at such a slow speed! This seemed so odd for such a big frame.

Fabulous piece of history and so good that a developer has done it justice in this way.

I wonder if Sibwings has modeled the inertia wheel starting system with the AN-2?      So far, only A2A has done this accurately with their Accumsim P-47 for FSX.  

Alexander Metzger did the flight dynamics for the Sibwings AN-2; he is among the very best and most talented in this field.

What happens when you ground loop an An-2?      :)     

http://youtu.be/eqW7LhZxUs0

I still can't believe they sell this for €15,99. Carenado isn't as good and they sell them for €35+

Incredible. I know i sound like i'm complaining, but i'm just surprised to see such a great simulation sell below others that simply don't match it (overall) quality wise.

CASE: Louqe S1 MKIII CPU: AMD R5 7600X RAM: 32GB DDR5 5600 GPU: nVidia RTX 4070 · SSDs: Samsung 990 PRO 2TB M.2 PCIe · PNY XLR8 CS3040 2TB M.2 PCIe · VIDEO: LG-32GK650F QHD 32" 144Hz FREE/G-SYNC · MISC: Thrustmaster TCA Airbus Joystick + Throttle Quadrant · MSFS DX11 · Windows 11

Purchased as well. Now just gotta get though Friday in one piece for a test this weekend.

- Aaron

Rolf... that nutty "alarm clock" sound is coming from the Radio Altimeter (sorry guys... got booted from Teamspeak and can't get back on).

Ah, thanks. I was starting to look for the microwave. ;)

Rolf Lindbom

wHDDh6t.jpg