Sign in to follow this  
slait

SibWings Release Their An-2

I wonder if Sibwings has modeled the inertia wheel starting system with the AN-2? 

Affirmative.

€16.00!!!!

Sorry just can't believe it.

so in order to believe that a plane is awesome it needs to be expensive..... Wow what has PMDG done to us!?!?!?!?!?

€16.00!!!!

Sorry just can't believe it.

so in order to believe that a plane is awesome it needs to be expensive..... Wow what has PMDG done to us!?!?!?!?!?

Lol true.

It could also be because we overpay for less quality than this...

From Wikipedia :

Antonov An-2

Stall Speed - 26 Knots

Incredible!

Bought it earlier. Quite impressed for what I paid. Really high quality aircraft. Sure is a beautiful addon, definitely get it if you haven't already. 

Anyone having trouble with the Tailwheel? It seems locked while taxiing whether the lock switch is up or down...

No, it's a free castoring tailwheel, you have to use differential braking to steer this beast while taxiIng. Just like the real thing, like just about everything is like the real thing with this amazing wonder.

If you like A2A

the Russian way

Don't buy this tomorrow

Buy it today!

Jan

it's a free castoring tailwheel

Yes... but it does not appear to be castering.  That is why I said it appears always to be locked.

you have to use differential braking to steer this beast while taxiIng

You don't need to use differential braking for a tailwheel to caster.  That is why there is a lock.

Is anyone else having trouble tuning the COM radio?  I'm really gettin' tired of hearing ATIS over and over :wacko: .  Awesome bang for the buck IMHO, congrats Sibwings on another job well done :wub: .

Steve

EDIT: There's a Load Manager now available on their forum, would post the file link but not sure thats acceptable here.

Steve Corzine

Banner_FS2Crew_Emergency.png

Yes... but it does not appear to be castering.  That is why I said it appears always to be locked.

You don't need to use differential braking for a tailwheel to caster.  That is why there is a lock.

Instead of lecturing me about castering tailwheels you might've thanked me for trying to help you...

With the Tailwheel Lock Off  and using differential braking the AN-2 is perfectly steerable thru the free castering tailwheel. Tailwheel Lock On will result in a tailwheel lock alright. No steering. Do you actually get the 'differential brakes' text at the left bottom of the screen when you brake ?  

Jan

I'm having trouble steering it on the ground as well but I also have the no air pressure problem too.  I turn on the refill valve but get no pressure so this may disable differential braking in turn making the aircraft unsteerable.  I try and can make very wide, shallow turns but it is near impossible to maneuver if how I need.  Anyone solve the no air pressure problem?

Is anyone else having trouble tuning the COM radio?  I'm really gettin' tired of hearing ATIS over and over :wacko: .  Awesome bang for the buck IMHO, congrats Sibwings on another job well done :wub: .

Steve

EDIT: There's a Load Manager now available on their forum, would post the file link but not sure thats acceptable here.

thanks for this

ZORAN

Anyone solve the no air pressure problem?

Only by turning on the Pneumo Valve.  Maybe try (if you haven't) reloading while in game... I finally decided with this plane to assign Ctrl+Shift+R to "Aircraft (reload)".

I was having to reload to get the Radio Altimeter knob to work (at least having to do this in multiplayer).

turn on the refill valve but get no pressure so this may disable differential braking in turn making the aircraft unsteerable.

I tried this on my initial load (no pressure) but was still able to use diff. braking.

You don't need to use differential braking for a tailwheel to caster.

Well... seems for this model, one does need to activate diff. braking before the tailwheel will start to caster, at times almost imperceptible... just a few degrees of movement.

So one can kick rudder and no caster... for me, I have to start tapping the brake, then the tailwheel cants, and the more (quicker) I tap brake while moving, the greater the 'caster angle'.

You have to keep diff brake going because once the brake is let off, the tailwheel's tendency is to re-center itself (i.e. apparently a self-centering tailwheel).

There seems to be some confusion about castoring. The tailwheel freely castors unless it is locked. But this means that it only changes its angle from straight if the plane itself is turning. It won't turn by itself. Pushing the rudder will not change it's angle. It simply rolls freely following the angle of the planes momentum.

Pushing the rudder will also not turn the plane unless you have sufficient air flow across the rudder, which simply does not happen at any taxi speed. So you can push rudder but you won't turn and so the tailwheel will stay straight since the plane is going straight. You.can apply blasts of high throttle to put some airflow over the rudder to help with turning, but, of course, you can only do brief bursts or you will start moving too fast.

You have to turn the airplane at taxi speeds by using differential braking. Once the airplane starts turning, the tailwheel will castor and follow the angle of turn. It doesn't help you turn, it just doesn't hinder your turning.

Brakes need pressure to work. Make sure all your breaker switches are on so that the air pressure pump will work.

This is modeled correctly on this plane. Once again, Sibwings does excellent work. I have all of their planes for this reason.

It still seems unusually hard to turn and I know what a free castoring tail wheel is so that is not the problem.  Using differential brakes to start the tail swinging has a negligible effect.  It feels like the tail wheel is rusted into place almost (it is an AN2, maybe it is?).  I did load the plane with the engine running last night and got air pressure and I had better luck with the brakes.  The brakes will work with no air pressure but seem to better with it.

You can, by the way, use the rudder provided you have enough airflow over it which can be achieved by prop wash.

Turning still remains overly difficult with this plane though.  I should be able to spin it around in the space provided at the end of a runway and it simply will not turn that tightly. Last night I had to slew myself back on the runway as I had nearly gone into a hedge at TVSB.