Sign in to follow this  
slait

SibWings Release Their An-2

Unfortunately this is also related to the way some of the designers at ORBX do assign surfaces. That causes a very high friction. There is no way to set the friction per aircraft in FSX. FSX calculates that by itself depending on weight, wheel diameter and definde surface. But i'm in the process to add bit more thrust on low RMP which should help. We also rework the cooling effect of the cowling flaps. It is all very much work balancing the various parameters. Just keep the cowling fully open on ground and play with power and brakes to steer her.

There is a general improvement for the friction problem in FSX which you may google or find in Pete Dawson's forum here:

http://forum.simflight.com/forum/30-fsuipc-support-pete-dowson-modules/

Happy flying!
Alexander M. Metzger

Yes, I was afraid of that actually. I think you have done an incredible job with the model. She slips fantastically, as you would expect with those big draggy wings.

Couple of minor sound issues, my ears are always sensitive to this: there are various "ticks" at low idle, when running the flywheel for start, that are hopefully due to simple "zero crossing" errors in the processing of the sound loops. More discernible is the looping of the wind noise that occurs when you fly with any of the windows open (that should be a seamless, sustained sound) - in that case the loop might just be too short in time, or may not have the silent begin/endpoint cut out?

I hope I don't sound too pretentious if I suggest that it is a common practice to mix in a reversed version of a sound loop with the main loop, to make its "looping" less noticeable. Surprising how often this seems to be missed in FSX sound design. Or maybe there's something in FSX that creates such issues, I don't know.

Just noting them for reference in a marvelous effort. Your AN-2 raises the bar yet again for what is possible with a historic, GA aircraft.

Alexander has released a modified .air file and aircraft.cfg file on the Sibwings forum, for intrepid beta/I want every update types. I come into the 'I want every update' category. :smile:

Eva Vlaardingerbroek, an inspiratiom.

Could anyone shed light on this... about 2 minutes after departure the engine cathes fire. I have cowl flaps set and throttle is reduced from 100%. Why does it still catch fire?

Could anyone shed light on this... about 2 minutes after departure the engine cathes fire. I have cowl flaps set and throttle is reduced from 100%. Why does it still catch fire?

Check power settings maybe?

Max T/O power is only 10.5 / 2200 &  Climb just 8.5 / 1850 

Watch your CHT's (215° Max?)

This is kind of like the WOPIII P-47 (accusim) and Uiver DC-2... you can be "on fire" before you realize you're overboosting the engine.  (no .wavs to hear you've thrown a rod etc...)

Oil Cooler doors all the way open?

¡Ay, caramba!

yeah make sure those oil cooler / cowl flaps are open during T/O & Climbout.

This is kind of like the WOPIII P-47 (accusim) and Uiver DC-2... you can be "on fire" before you realize you're overboosting the engine.  (no .wavs to hear you've thrown a rod etc...)

Had a successful flight without any sudden engine fires. I'm pretty sure it was just the engine overheating. Thanks anyway. 

Treat the plane gently, it takes off and lands with almost no effort, though technically it will have a hard time in a crosswind of more than 8 knots; I'll have to try that sometime.... :)

Alexander has released a modified .air file and aircraft.cfg file on the Sibwings forum

Thanks Ron!

Finally able to loop 'er... just barely got over the top (but still!).

And can three point it now.   :yahoo:

Landing roll is so short I drop her direct in her parking space if its a small airfield and no traffic around :-)

ZORAN

There are different recomendations on how to fly the plane and some are based on actual use, which often takes more care of an old engine and flying empty for demonstration flights. I suggest to use the settings that I laid out in the flying guide which you can download here:

http://forum.sibwings.com/viewtopic.php?f=29&t=1132

There you find recomendations based on flying scenic flights with a full load of curious passengers :rolleyes:

Happy flying!
Alexander M. Metzger

Does anyone else have a see through dash/instrument panel when flying at night? I only see instruments  and the rest is see through ,daytime is fine.

ZORAN

This plane is absolutely. gorgeous. Visuals and sounds are fantastic. Have a few issues that hopefully get resolved with an update, mostly switches and having to start with a default Cessna. You can't get better value for your money than this. As some others have noted you can help yourself with the difficult steering and modify the aircraft.cfg file if you don't mind cheating a bit. Makes things a lot easier in small airstrips. Changing 180 to 50 worked great for me as well.