FLIGHTO

SP2 is out!

TBM 850 FSX/P3D- Service Pack 2 20130605

Released June 5th, 2013, 2030 GMT

Modifications:
-CAS messages adjusted.
-Some upper knobs operated backwards.
-TAS indicator adjusted in PFD.
-Several click spots were adjusted in PFD and MFD.
-Duplicate VOR selection fixed. (Previously always took the farthest)
-Auto fuel system adjusted.
-NG indicator showed incurred valued at startup.
-Flight Plan title now updates when deleting a flight plan.
-Pressurization values now are rounded (as the real aircraft).
-Many graphic display adjustment in PFD and MFD.

Lets see what happens......

These are all welcome fixes...

Now I can enter a flightplan into the MFD and have it work(!)

Also, I like the auto fuel and pitot warnings in the CAS section

The PFD startup screen looks better..etc..

There are still some cosmetics in the PFD/MFD, but this is much better!

Bert

Has anyone run it through it's checklists to see what works and what doesn't?

Gregg Seipp

"A good landing is when you can walk away from the airplane.  A great landing is when you can reuse it."
i7-8700 32GB Ram, GTX-1070 8 Gig RAM

Has anyone run it through it's checklists to see what works and what doesn't?

Greg, IM sorry I have not completely gone through all the included checklists as of yet as there are MANY included within the G1000 on this plane. I see you are very interested in that so I took about 30 minutes to start going thru them for you rather quickly, but did not get through them ALL, hehe.

Im not certain what would be important to you or not, but from what I've seen so far I'd say maybe 70% of the items on the lists seem to be there for you to actually check/toggle/push...for me, the most important items are there. But again what would disappoint you I have no clue. 

While the lists themselves are there and plentiful (built into the g1000) there's just no way you can expect every single thing on those lists to be modeled...but a good percentage of it is. Just don't expect to be able to use this thing as a real procedural trainer for the real plane because at least 25%-30% of the items will be missing (thats a rough guess from what ive gone thru just now).

If it matters that much to you perhaps we could meet up on teamspeak voice during the week sometime and I can walk you thru exactly whats there and not.

Bert, have they touched on the FDE at all?

EDIT - nevermind, I've got my answer.

What's wrong with the FDE? The TBM pilot who posted here seemed to think it was pretty accurate.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk 2

Ark

--------------------------

I9 9900K @ 5ghz / 32GB G.Skill (Samsung B) / Aorus Master Mobo / EVGA GTX 2080Ti FTW 3

Clickable Spots

Sure would be nice if Carenado included a list of the clickable spots on the panel as others have done so we would know what knobs and switches are operational on the panels for the TBM850.

CAS msgs are great..... NG on startup is appreciated also....

I don't know why the Fuel Stats on the Aux page of MFD still has not been corrected... It seems all it needs is a place where we can set the fuel onboard....

I am also getting disappearing panels on G1000 when I click to turn on the panel back-lighting.

There is actually 4 positions in the knob now.... Prior to this SP2 install it was a 2 position (brightness) switch.

One click - panels dissappear

Second click - panel appears and lights as normal

Third click panel disappears again

Fourth Click - Panel Appears and is correctly the brighter setting.

And this was done after a fresh install.....

One click - panels dissappear

Second click - panel appears and lights as normal

Third click panel disappears again

Fourth Click - Panel Appears and is correctly the brighter setting.

And this was done after a fresh install.....

Interesting.. i'll have to play with this as I haven't really played with the lights except for the overhead/cab lights, which are really great.

I think they nailed it. SP2 is what should have been released in the first place... but I am very grateful that they did SP2. I have to say that the TBM is their finest (in SP2 cloths) AC ever, and a real contender for one of the better GA aircraft in the sim fleet.

I agree - SP2 is looking good.

I've taken the trouble to clean up the graphics on the PFD/MFD a bit,

so anyone who is equally anal in trying to make it look "just right" can

send me a PM with your email address - and I'll send you a copy to try.

Bert

rolls in opposite direction of applied rudder

see here:

http://forum.avsim.net/topic/409526-hand-flying-the-tbm/page-2#entry2686497

Probably has to do with the location of the force on the vertical relative to the longitudinal axis of the forces on the plane.

When the vertical force is some distance above that axis (as in the TBM), the deflected rudder acts like an aileron.

Right rudder forces the left wing down, etc. Dihedral also a factor as might be the very high aspect ratio of the wings.

So implying that something is wrong with the FDE because the aircraft exibits this behavior might not be accurate.

So implying that something is wrong with the FDE because the aircraft exibits this behavior might not be accurate.

I'm quoting from an article which is a flight test of the real plane:

"The lateral and direction assessment at 140-160kt showed that the aircraft rolled in the direction of applied rudder"

and here's the link:

http://www.flightglobal.com/news/articles/flight-test-eads-tbm850-propelled-to-success-207667/

I've tried it in the sim at both the same speed/configuration in the article and also at approach speeds with flaps and gear down, unfortunately the sim version does the opposite of what the real plane does. I've never heard of a GA plane exhibiting this behavior ever. Not to say it doesnt exist, only that I'm not aware of it and that it goes against everything you learn about flying an aircraft as a private pilot and as a 120 dispatcher (for which I am licensed)...and in this particular case (for the TBM850) it does appear to be wrong behavior.

I seem to be having some trouble getting SP2 to work. I have the original files that were released with both SP1 and SP2 installed over them yet I can see no signs that SP2 has worked (still no NG on startup etc). Also, I have been having trouble using Carenado's site recently and only just managed to actually download SP2 (kept timing out). Has anyone else been having problems? I've even tried a completely fresh install of the TBM but with no luck.

Not surprising that an FS bird does not exibit every nuance of the actual aircraft in each and every flight regime.

Sometime we have to take it on faith that a developer does the best they can with what they have to work with.

One would imagine that the costs involved of such a thing would be prohibitive unless you were paid to fly said aircraft for a living and knew how to build FDE's.