Sign in to follow this  
uhntissbaby111

How big is yours?

125GB total with 80GB on a 120GB SSD and 45GB of mesh data on my HDD. I used mklink as described above to move the mesh data off the SSD.

I can't believe how fast the SSD is filling up, I'm going to replace it with a 250GB one soon (probably one of the Samsung ones).

Barry Friedman

I own pretty much every payware add-on aircraft that ever get's released, and the majority (but not all!) payware sceneries ............... but............ I take a "unistall when not in use" approach to my FSX installation, so for example, although I own all of the Orbx regions, at present none are installed as I'm not currently flying them.  Same with other scenery areas and also at present I only have the AXE and Ants Airplnes P92 Eaglet aircraft installed at present.

FSX Directory size, using the above approach:    64.4GB.

:smile:

It is not about the size if You ask me, it is about the proper technique. Technique of storing the files. My FSX is 140 GB big. I keep it clean as much as practicable - that means no additional liveries (I do not need them inside the cockpit), no airports, which I am planning to visit in the foreseen future and so on.

i also have an 64 GB SSD for all the other stuff (TTS voices, Rise of Flight, OS...) and bigger HDD for backup, externalized to the cloud.

262GB, used to be way bigger when I still had all the sceneries I own installed all around the world, now I have mainly those installed that i happen to use at the moment. 

I didn't install ORBX sceneries in my fresh FSX setup cause they need a switch to activate but also they take lots of space on my SSD. If i do the method with mklink to move them to HDD, will it slow down the loading time of FSX?

I didn't install ORBX sceneries in my fresh FSX setup cause they need a switch to activate but also they take lots of space on my SSD. If i do the method with mklink to move them to HDD, will it slow down the loading time of FSX?

No slow down at all.

System: MSFS2020-Premium Deluxe, ASUS Maximus XI Hero,  Intel i7-8086K o/c to 5.0GHz, Corsair AIO H115i Pro, Lian Li PC-O11D XL,MSI RTX 3080 SUPRIM 12Gb, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD, 1Tb Samsung 860 EVO SSD, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200Mhz RAM, Corsair R1000X Gold PSU,Win 11 ,LG 43UD79 43" 4K IPS Panel., Airbus TCA Full Kit, Stream Deck XL.

Wow how do people get such huge amounts? Mine is 100GB and I have FSGlobal mesh, Orbx England, REX, loads of NGX liveries, about 40 payware airports etc!

Wow how do people get such huge amounts? Mine is 100GB and I have FSGlobal mesh, Orbx England, REX, loads of NGX liveries, about 40 payware airports etc!

It may be cause some people maybe hiding something in FSX folder :lol:

1TB drive, filled with 500GB for FSX so far.

I have a 512GB SSD but running out off space soon, planning on getting a 900GB SSD disk after FTX Global comes out. My FSX install seem to never stop growing ^_^ And to tho OP, yeah you're attemt to make the topic title funny sure succeded, I had a good laugh :lol:

500GB SSD for P3D, 256GB for FSX, 2T in Velops for Add-ons.  About to buy another 2T for add-ons and ever expanding photoreal stuff.   Never ends.

Anybody using Blu-ray for back-ups/storage?  What with disks capable of holding 25GB per disk thinking this may be a good way to go.

Clutch

Intel i9-12900KF, Asus Prime Z690-A MB, 64GB DDR5 6000 RAM, (3) SK hynix M.2 SSD (2TB ea.), 16TB Seagate HDD, EVGA GeForce 3080 Ti, Corsair iCUE H70i AIO Liquid Cooler, UHD/Blu-ray Player/Burner (still have lots of CDs, DVDs!)  Windows 10, (hold off for now on Win11),  EVGA 1300W PSU
Netgear 1Gbps modem & router, (3) 27" 1440 wrap-around displays
Full array of Saitek and GoFlight hardware for the cockpit

I have used about 145 Gb on a 447 Gb SSD.  My operating systems and programs are on a separate 223 Gb SSD.  My Megascenery Earth is on another HDD (1Tb Velociraptor), but I'm rethinking this setup.

Dennis Trawick

Screen Shot Forum Rules

AVSIMSignature_zpsed110b13.jpg