Sign in to follow this  
thepilot

No N1 reference indication on upper EICAS display?

Hi all, I just came across this picture: http://www.airliners.net/photo/SpiceJet/Boeing-737-8GJ/2203865/L/&sid=058387db33a68ebdc1b9b75a1cb6a070

As you can see, there is no N1 reference indication on the upper EICAS display. I have never seen that on my NGx (nor on many photographs). What is the background of this? I have never experienced that on my NGx also, even when starting up cold and dark. Thanks!

Hi, Marius,

Looks like the secondary engine display is on the upper EICAS screen -- normally displayed on the lower screen.  Don't know how to do this in NGX.

Mike

bUmq4nJ.jpg?2

Are you talking about the "---.-" above the N1? They haven't put the OAT in the PERF INIT, yet.

Matt Cee

In looking at it further, it is displaying N1 -- notice the green arrows indicating the max. allowed N1.  "N1" is just blurry.

Mike

bUmq4nJ.jpg?2

I think what he is referring to are the derated arc limitations. For example, when calculating the derates, you entered that in the N1 page, and then into the take off page, the carats will adjust accordingly for the necessary take off power as well as give you a number above the actual indicators (94.6%) . I think that was what he was asking about. As far as I know, the OAT/Perf pages and take off pages have to be completed and initialized in order for it to show on the EICAS.

They are usually not initialized when starting up cold and dark. Still, I get an N1 reference value in that case...

They are usually not initialized when starting up cold and dark. Still, I get an N1 reference value in that case...

Probably because NGX have aspirated TAT probes and doesn't require to have OAT entered in the PERF INIT.