Sign in to follow this  
speedbird51g

HELP WITH THE FPS

HY GUYS I JUST JOIN AND  I NEED SOME HELP WITH MY FSX

IV JUST DID A FRESH INSTALL OF WIN 7 HOME EDITION,AND THE FSX,IV ALSO ADD A FEW AIRPORTS(WELL QUITE A FEW) FEW AIRCRAFTS AND OTHER BITS AND WEN I RUN THE FSX WITH THE PMDG 747 OR THE OTHER A/C IN A INSTALLED AIRPORT I CAN ONLY GET BETWEEN 5 TO 8 FPS

MY PC SPECS ARE AS FOLLOW

I7 920@ 2.67 OVERCLOCKED TO 3.57

GTX 680

12GB DOMINATOR GT

ASUS RAMPAGE 2 EXTREME

300GB VELOCIRAPTOR

AND STILL GOES SLOW I DONT KNOW WHAT ELSE TO DO,CAN YOU GUYS GIVE ME ANY TIPS

THANK YOU

BELOW A PIC OF MY MACHINE

Edited by firehawk44
Photo deleted. Exceeded 1600W and 400KB weight limit.

google "Word Not Allowed  fsx  tweaks" should be the first link that appears  follow the guide

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

This is an automatic message.

This topic has been moved from "The Win7 OS Forum" to "MS FSX Forum". This move has been done for a number of possible reasons.

• The most likely reason is that the post was off topic.
  • The topic could also have contained images or a video that were not appropriate to the original forum it was posted in.
  • The images might not have been "illustrative" or "explanatory" in nature.
  • The topic could have been moved because we deemed it to be more appropriately placed elsewhere.
Please ensure that your posts are "on topic" and contain illustrative images or videos as appropriate. Do not post videos or images just for entertainment purposes anywhere but in the screen shot or video forums. See our image posting rules here.

Members who continue to post off topic posts can be denied entry to specific forums in order to reduce and remove the practice. Your cooperation is appreciated.

In short, Your CPU is the bottleneck. That's a beast of a graphics card and you have more than enough RAM. FSX is a CPU bound single threaded application. It needs CPU clock speed and lots of it. Still, you should be seeing better performance than that. Google Word Not Allowed's FSX hardware and tweaking guide. Its an invaluable read. FSX won't take advantage of GPU's the way other programs will. I can't get 30+ FPS in every situation with my setup

And remember to go easy on the settings, could be that your settings are to high for your system to handle..

Thanks guys,but before I had win 8 and it runs smoth,but went back to win 7 only because of the drivers,and he is playing like this,was wondering if the ultimate version would be any better

Once again thanks for everyone who replied

Start by turning down some settings that, IMO, don't matter as much. In my case, that's road traffic to begin with.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk 2

Ark

--------------------------

I9 9900K @ 5ghz / 32GB G.Skill (Samsung B) / Aorus Master Mobo / EVGA GTX 2080Ti FTW 3

Yeah road traffic is a good performance killer, Bloom and shadows too..Maybe you could post your settings so we can eliminate what your problem may be. What type of plane, areas that you expirience so low FPS, is it heavy scenery or do you have low FPS in every scenario(the trike in a rural area)? Sounds weird that switching from Windows 8 would make your performance drop that much.. :huh:

And btw I have used home and Ultimate edition Windows 7 for FSX and havent seen any performance difference between the two...so I don't think switching that will gain you anything

And please don't yell. It's irritating to read the first post. 

Thanks,

Kevin L

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

hy the a/c I normally use is the pmdg 747 and also pmdg 737,iv got mostly international airports, but I normally fly from Liverpool,faro, Lisbon and some others from caribean,my settings are wen it comes to textures I put high only and switch off all the traffics and blooms,and to be honest by having a gtx680 I shouldn't be having this problem I tink.

once again thanks guys

and to be honest by having a gtx680 I shouldn't be having this problem I tink.

Having the 680 doesn't help you that much in FSX as it's the CPU that do most of the work. What are your autogen settings when you fly PMDG

At the moment my autogen is set to dense

Look at my specs, I have autogen on Normal when flying the NGX....Im not sure but I think you expect to much from your system and that you are throwing to much at it. What clouds are you using, can also have a huge impact(HD clouds in 4096 res) I use 1024 resolution clouds..

About Your Nvidia settings Im not sure what you mean CPU or GPU?

I just change my clouds to normal and also on NVidia settings iv choose the cpu,did a circuit with the pmdg 747 from horta an addon airport and I was getting between 5 to 10 fpm

how much should I expect to get?

thank you