Sign in to follow this  
NBurgess

Sibwings Antonov AN-2 released !

Very well done! Congratulations to SibWings team! I am loving it!

Just got the Antonov this week - very cool plane, and one where I had to read the manual and give it a couple of tries before I could get the engine to start - always a good sign!

This is the best value for money add-on I've bought in a while, a definitive recommendation.

I must attest in agood's favor. Yes, this is one of the best add-ons ever made in 2013. Also, it's been quite a while since release and it's pending an upgrade for floats and various other things.. get it while it's still 15 euros. Consider there are no retailers for Sibwings, so the only place to get them is @ sibwings.com.

must agree 2013 saw a number of very good releases,but the Antonov AN2 is up there with best and so unusual,just love to fly with it ,the video really sums this aircraft up,and the Quality for the price is amazing

Agreed, the An-2 is my favourite aircraft of 2013. It's a work of art and is full of character. You can see the guys at Sibwings really put their hearts and souls into this one.

It's just a shame it was released in the same year as so many other great aircraft and has been overshadowed and got nowhere near the attention or accolades it deserves.

I am very glad Agood refresed this topic as, for some reason, I had missed this one completely when it was released. I downloaded and installed it yesterday and have flown it for about 2 hours today - what a great aircraft!! Not only is this great value for money, but it is modelled extremely well both internally and externally, the sound is amazing and, from what I have read about this aircraft, the flight model is very accurate. Just remember, this is one you have to fly by the book - I jumped into this with the minimum of reading of the manual and suffered an engine fire within the first 10 minutes flying!

I would encourage anyone who enjoys flying quality GA or bush aircraft to consider this production of the An-2. I have no doubt that this will deservedly be regarded as one of the greatest FSX addons.

Bill

I bought this plane last week ago and I absolutely love it.

Just remember, it's illegal to fly it the United States, unless it's for an air show  :P

I picked up the Sibwings Bird Dog on the same day. 2 great additions to my hangar, I must say.

Not only is it beautifully simulated and visually and aurally modeled, but it's one of the few add-ons I have where realism - especially in the cockpit sound effects - is implemented with a wry sense of humor.

We always like shiny new things, but this add-on is a celebration of the aesthetic joys of age, wear and rust. :)

Utterly brilliant.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Have to emphasize again, after flying for some more hours: *ing great airplane!

The only thing you shouldn't do, if you want to fly it, is be in a hurry :-)

On the other hand you can pretty much set it down straight in the parking spot if you've got some wind, for example up on the glaciers in the RTMM CIRP scenery area.

I bought this plane last week ago and I absolutely love it.

Just remember, it's illegal to fly it the United States, unless it's for an air show  :P

I picked up the Sibwings Bird Dog on the same day. 2 great additions to my hangar, I must say.

Agreed, the Bird Dog is still one of my favorites.

Glad to hear others are enjoying the An-2. Hopefully this thread will shed a little more light on this addon as it's got nowhere near the attention it deserves.

Hopfully it sold well enough for Sibwings to continue producing such nice aeroplanes that are rather esoteric and off the beaten path!

I am really hoping for a Yak-18T done to the standards of the Antonov, sadly the SibWings guys told me they had two other plane projects in their pipeline just now. But maybe one day...

How good is their Pitts?

Just got it, but there are some problems -- I think.

First, the panel labels are in English. Only a few are in Russian. I doubt this exists on the real plane.

Second, There is a GPS button on the panel, but there is no GPS in the cockpit. You just get a pop-window GPS. What is up with that?

Third, there is this darn annoying beeping from the minute you get into the cockpit.

First, the panel labels are in English. Only a few are in Russian. I doubt this exists on the real plane.

There is a full Russian cockpit texture download available. Don't remember where I saw it...check the sibwings.com site.

Third, there is this darn annoying beeping from the minute you get into the cockpit.

LOL rtfm (sorry don't mean to make fun, more of a laugh with you. check the sibwings forums as well) :-)