Sign in to follow this  
P*Funk

AI Aircraft not taking off

So using VoxATC for the first time my first flight was out of KLGA. Immediately a problem. Aircraft refuse to take off. They get clearance to take off, line up and wait or straight from the taxiway, either leads to them basically stopping and remaining stationary on the runway. Eventually they disappear. I changed weather to force different active runways and its the same.

I went back to default FSX ATC and no problems whatsoever with take offs. I did notice one aircraft stuck in a taxiway. Probably a taxiway problem in the AFCAD.

Currently using ImagineSim KLGA. I'm guessing its something wrong with the AFCAD. I checked other add on airports and none of them had this issue.

So I'm guessing, if someone here uses VoxATC and ImagineS KLGA, do you have this problem and how did you fix it, if you did? Or, someone with AFCAD knowledge, how would I go about opening up the relevant files and what am I looking for that would create this problem?

I'm perfectly willing to learn how to poke around in airport files to fix this, but hopefully someone with voxatc experience can give me a shortcut to the issue at hand in better detail.

I've had the same problem with multiple airports.  I use the now-retired World of AI, and VoxATC communicates with the AI aircraft, but eventually they would stop and then disappear from the taxiway.  Not very realistic. :)

I haven't flown as much lately and need to test this out, but I think version 6.20 was supposed to include a bug fix for this:

http://voxatc.com/Home.aspx/News

17 May 2013 Version 6.20 Released

VoxATC now supports FSX and Prepar3D. Version 6.20 will work with either simulator.

The following issues are also fixed

Occasionally not getting landing clearances.

Fatal error occurring on landing after an emergency.

Problems with making contact while enroute and when arriving during VFR flight.

Taxiing aircraft disappearing when approached by the user's aircraft

No response from the controller when using VoxATC without a flight plan (local flight) or when flying a helicopter.

Yea I'm using World of AI as well. In your experience is this a WoA problem? I have disabled my default FSX ai aircraft because, unlike with default ATC, all the added traffic was still outnumbered by awful default FSX ai.

I actually haven't tested default AI with KLGA with voxatc, but I don't know why it would matter, unless you have a reason for me to try.