C-46 - $3.49

Carbon Cub Deluxe - $7.49

F4U - $3.49

P-40 - $3.49

A6M2 Zero - $3.49

P-51 Mustang - $3.99

Maule M-7-260C Deluxe - $7.49

http://store.steampowered.com/app/203850/

Hummmm! The only one of interest might be the real Cub?

Any one aware of issues installing Steam bought products onto a GFWL install? I fear running into problems would lead me to remove everything, sad to say.

Hummmm! The only one of interest might be the real Cub?

Any one aware of issues installing Steam bought products onto a GFWL install? I fear running into problems would lead me to remove everything, sad to say.

No, it works fine. You just need to start downloading Flight on Steam to be able to get the DLC key to enter in GFWL. When you've done that you can abort the Steam download.

I didn't see any way to abort the Steam download. I only saw pause. I did so and then foolish me, I hit "remove local files from disk". When I did this, I lost my GFWL installation too.  I did a system restore to this morning, and got it back. Then all I had to do was redownload the two aircraft that I purchased through Steam.  Now all is good.

I got the F4U and the C46 since I could get both for the normal price of one. So, I'm happy.

Thank you.

Rick

$Silver Donor

EAA 1317610   I7-7700K @ 4.5ghz, MSI Z270 Gaming MB,  32gb 3200,  Geforce RTX2080 Super O/C,  28" Samsung 4k Monitor,  Various SSD, HD, and peripherals

Good deal, but not much help as I have had everything available for a long time already. Don't pass this up, fill up the hanger. If nothing else, get the Deluxe Carbon cub. You will be glad you did.

Steve

I want the zero and the P40 but I won't have a chance to get them today.

I'll wait for their annual July sale.

Well, just call me confused!

Bought the Cub, but I do not want to install the Steam.msi file, which BTW, I need to use IE to "Run" as Firefox will only let me save the file.

So how do I now get back into "wherever" within Steam to get my Token to feed into GFWL?

Or must I go ahead and install Steam and the cancel any of the Flight download it would want to force upon me?

Well, just call me confused!

Bought the Cub, but I do not want to install the Steam.msi file, which BTW, I need to use IE to "Run" as Firefox will only let me save the file.

So how do I now get back into "wherever" within Steam to get my Token to feed into GFWL?

Or must I go ahead and install Steam and the cancel any of the Flight download it would want to force upon me?

Yes..install it then dump it before it's finished.

Yes..install it then dump it before it's finished.

Could you explain how to "dump it", please. I hadn't done this before and couldn't figure a way to stop the d/l of Flight other than to pause it. By doing so, it leaves the Flight d/l in limbo and it shows up in your library.

As for getting the redeem codes, when you pause the Flight d/l, look over on the right of the Flight page in your Steam library and in the list you will see a heading called "DLC".  Click on this and you should see the redeem codes. Start Flight and press the "Redeem Codes" button. Then you will be able to redeem them and complete the d/l of what you purchased.

Clear as mud, huh?

Thank you.

Rick

$Silver Donor

EAA 1317610   I7-7700K @ 4.5ghz, MSI Z270 Gaming MB,  32gb 3200,  Geforce RTX2080 Super O/C,  28" Samsung 4k Monitor,  Various SSD, HD, and peripherals

I'm pretty sure you can just pause the download and delete the local files on disk manually.  The other option is to say "Delete local content" from Steam but apparently that might also uninstall GFWL.

I'm pretty sure you can just pause the download and delete the local files on disk manually.  The other option is to say "Delete local content" from Steam but apparently that might also uninstall GFWL.

That "delete local content" is what got me in trouble. If you choose this, it will delete your GFWL installation too. Fortunately a system restore of that morning saved me. Your results might differ.

Thank you.

Rick

$Silver Donor

So let's see if I'm starting to understand...

Install the Steam client and then let it start to download Flight. Hit Pause and then on one of the web pages I'll find the DLC link, which if I go there will give me the elusive 5x5 code?

Then I can hunt around and find the Steam d/l folder and get rid of what's inside there?? And probably go ahead and remove Steam, as all I want is the darn 5x5 code?

Then go back into the GFWL site and redeem the "token" (5x5 code), which will unlock the Cub. I hope?

So let's see if I'm starting to understand...

Install the Steam client and then let it start to download Flight. Hit Pause and then on one of the web pages I'll find the DLC link, which if I go there will give me the elusive 5x5 code?

Then I can hunt around and find the Steam d/l folder and get rid of what's inside there?? And probably go ahead and remove Steam, as all I want is the darn 5x5 code?

Then go back into the GFWL site and redeem the "token" (5x5 code), which will unlock the Cub. I hope?

When you start downloading Flight in the Steam Library, you can click on "CD Key" on the right side of the screen. This will give you the code for the Cub which you can redeem ingame in the GFWL overlay.