Sign in to follow this  
JGSJW

Can't taxi in a straight line anymore

My CH Eclipse Yoke with yoke mounted rudder paddles has become unable to taxi in a straight line anymore. The plane suddenly veers left or right like a drunk. If I uncheck the auto-rudder box this problem disappears but  I have no floor mounted rudder paddles to steer with and my Parkinson fingers can't do all the finger work required to control the landing rollout of a jet airliner.

I have also opened up the yoke and found the potentiometer for the rudder paddles. Should I try spraying electronic cleaner into it or could that be a no-no?

JGSJW

Further thought . The problem must not be the rudder paddle pot since the paddles themselves are accurate. Auto rudder must get it's information from another pot inside the main housing reading the roll axis....but same question....should I spray that  pot with electronic cleaner or can that create other problems?

My CH Eclipse Yoke with yoke mounted rudder paddles has become unable to taxi in a straight line anymore. The plane suddenly veers left or right like a drunk. If I uncheck the auto-rudder box this problem disappears but  I have no floor mounted rudder paddles to steer with and my Parkinson fingers can't do all the finger work required to control the landing rollout of a jet airliner.

I have also opened up the yoke and found the potentiometer for the rudder paddles. Should I try spraying electronic cleaner into it or could that be a no-no?

JGSJW

Further thought . The problem must not be the rudder paddle pot since the paddles themselves are accurate. Auto rudder must get it's information from another pot inside the main housing reading the roll axis....but same question....should I spray that  pot with electronic cleaner or can that create other problems?

Have you tired running a hardware calibration from the Saitek software or Windows? 

- Jordan Jafferjee -

AMD Ryzen 9 7950X3D | Asus X670-E Pro Prime | Gigabyte RTX4080 Eagle | 64G G.Skill Trident Z.5 DDR5-6000 |  Arctic Liquid Freezer II 360 | 2x2TB Samsung 990 Pro NVME | NZXT H7 | Win 11 22H2 | TM Warthog Flight Stick + Throttle | Honeycomb Alpha + Bravo | MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals | Samsung 43" Odyssey Neo G7 | Dell U3415W 

I have the same problem but it veers to the left rather then right. Its all calibrated. I have Logitech joystick 

Check the wind direction and torque setting in FS. 

PROBLEM FIXED: Opened up my Eclipse Yoke and found a factory crimp connector that had loosened up and released one of the three wires on the Rudder Paddle potentiometer. re-crimped it and now auto-rudder taxies it straight and true. Thanks for the interest.