Sign in to follow this  
FIVE-BY-FIVE

It kept me away from XPX so I returned it

I think Coolsky and Flight1 can survive without my $50 :lol: Like I said earlier, I had to get the refund or xp10 and DCS would have ended up in the recycle bin. I will re-buy later on.

So put them in the recycle bin. If we all start expecting refunds because software we've bought temporarily doesn't fit our lifestyle or simming tastes, developers will go out of business pretty quickly.

i910900k, RTX 3090, 32GB DDR4 RAM, AW3423DW, Ruddy girt big mug of Yorkshire Tea

Guest Mik75

That must be one of the strangest things I've read here so far... ;-)

I think some should give Five a break. She has said she has spent up to $7000 on FSX products (and probably a lot of Flight 1 stuff) and up to a $1000 on X-plane. That's more than most people. It's thanks to simmers like her that we have third party developers.

With so many pirates around, I don't we should judge someone for returning a product who is well within their rights to do so. Playing the card of not supporting developer's is a little OTT for someone who has invested so much money in the hobby and is probably responsible for increasing the sales of many add-ons through here shared enthusiasm and promotion.

Well, did the same twice. Flight1's store is great in allowing for it.

I would gladly return all of my P3D, FSX stuff. It hearts me to think about the things I just used for a couple of weeks before uninstalling them.

That's why I left flight-simulation altogether around 2007. I was spending way to much time on it... and getting way to much disappointment rather than satisfaction out of it...

I am the kind of simmer ( flight simulation are the only type of games I play in the PC ) who is not able to have more than one sim at a time. If I sometimes divert to other platforms, it is only because I am trying to find there what I couldn't find on others.  The case with X-Plane10 was a bit different and more of stubborness :-)  I was mad at LR for not listening to my requests, and erased it from my PC. Then, as you know, I re-visited FSX then P3D and even DCS.

DCS is a very special case of a sim where the flight dynamics are great, systems modelling too. The only problem is the focus of the simulation in DCS World. I hate war systems. They're too complex for me, and I am using a simulator that is designed basically to replicate, with high accuracy, those sophisticated modern air war systems. I couldn't care less about it. So, I found myself starting DCS just to fly around for a while in the p51d, the uh-1h, trying to enjoy the excellent flight dynamics.

But... I think I could summarize my feelings in the following sentence:

"One is too old / frozen, the other too complex, the one just good or too good..." to describe why I came back to X-Plane10.

Should I be able to get a refund for all I spent in the other sims, and invest even more in X-Plane10... I would ...

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since October 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

oh yeah, this is uncool. Its a bit like asking a hooker for a test run , saying it was amazing but walking away without handing over the dosh

can i say that? LOL

ZORAN

oh yeah, this is uncool. Its a bit like asking a hooker for a test run , saying it was amazing but walking away without handing over the dosh

can i say that? LOL

:LMAO:

Easy problem to fix, Flight1 and Coolsky only need to start developing for X-Plane. :lol:

can i say that? LOL

loooooool

Windows 11 | Asus Z690-P D4 | i7 12700KF 5.2GHz | 32GB G.Skill (XMP II) | EVGA 3060Ti FTW Ultra | TrackIr v5 | Honeycomb Alfa + Bravo

I don't think they have a return policy. :smile:

Easy problem to fix, Flight1 and Coolsky only need to start developing for X-Plane. :lol:

I guess 1 day they will....look at Carenado, PMDG, Aerosoft, Tropical Sim, etc......These FSX devs came over to the XP10 Camp.

I had to get the refund or xp10 and DCS would have ended up in the recycle bin.  I will re-buy later on.

uh, no they wouldn't have ended up in the recycle bin at all. You would have went right back to your normal way of things after you played with the dc9 awhile and began getting a little bored with it from over-use. Wanna know how I know? Your 5k-7k spending habbit in FSX thats how. Most of us get bored fairly quickly with planes (just goes with the territory) and are always looking for something new/fresh. You make it sounds as if XPX and Farm Simulator are your jobs and that youl'll get fired if you do not return immediately, hehe.

I usually end up splitting the year up here...maybe 5 or 6 months flying...then 5 or 6 months racing...then sometimes Arma in between everything else...it's ok to stay away from titles for months at a time...don't worry you'll go back...I promise :-)

good news I guess.....I messed up on the "Refund Ticket", Flight1 never received my ticket :lol:  :P  I will let it go for now, the DC9 is just too good, I will fly it again in a few days after some XP10 love :Love: (I bought Aerosoft PANC and Tropical Sim's SBGR last night)  I wonder how the DC-9 handles in P3D? :lol:  I will try and install it in my Prepar3d folder.

I wonder how the DC-9 handles in P3D?   I will try and install it in my Prepar3d folder.

Use the Migration Tool!!!!!!!

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since October 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

I find the original post so strange; finding a product so good and enjoyable, then taking the money back from the developer/distributor.

It's almost like some sort of idealistic cruscade in the name of X-Plane 10, but you don't need to snub one sim, or show 'faithfullness' or loyalty to another sim.

Flight sim isn't a monogomous relationship with only one sim....  (or not for most people anyway).

I'm pleased you messed up your Flight 1 refund ticket (in a positive way), now just go and enjoy what is a wonderful aircraft, and stop worrying about your XP10 idealism! :smile:

I'm sure Austin's not watching your every move and talking ill of you, if you appear to be enjoying a FSX/P3D addon. :wink:

Well, did the same twice. Flight1's store is great in allowing for it.

I would gladly return all of my P3D, FSX stuff. It hearts me to think about the things I just used for a couple of weeks before uninstalling them.

That's why I left flight-simulation altogether around 2007. I was spending way to much time on it... and getting way to much disappointment rather than satisfaction out of it...

I am the kind of simmer ( flight simulation are the only type of games I play in the PC ) who is not able to have more than one sim at a time. If I sometimes divert to other platforms, it is only because I am trying to find there what I couldn't find on others.  The case with X-Plane10 was a bit different and more of stubborness :-)  I was mad at LR for not listening to my requests, and erased it from my PC. Then, as you know, I re-visited FSX then P3D and even DCS.

DCS is a very special case of a sim where the flight dynamics are great, systems modelling too. The only problem is the focus of the simulation in DCS World. I hate war systems. They're too complex for me, and I am using a simulator that is designed basically to replicate, with high accuracy, those sophisticated modern air war systems. I couldn't care less about it. So, I found myself starting DCS just to fly around for a while in the p51d, the uh-1h, trying to enjoy the excellent flight dynamics.

But... I think I could summarize my feelings in the following sentence:

"One is too old / frozen, the other too complex, the one just good or too good..." to describe why I came back to X-Plane10.

Should I be able to get a refund for all I spent in the other sims, and invest even more in X-Plane10... I would ...

In my humble opinion, you convey quite a selfish perspective, wishing you could get refunds on all of the products you bought for FSX/P3D.   I am sure you're happy in your XP10 place now, but that doesn't mean you never got enjoyment from the FSX products you bought in the past, over many years.

It's very strange this approach that people like you and FIVE-BY-FIVE are taking, with XP10. Like an extremist loyalty towards XP10, and almost like a revulsion towards your 'past' with FSX, and towards past FSX purchases.

I'm sure you must have enjoyed FSX in the past, and your addon purchases you made for FSX, otherwise you would have stopped buying much more early on, and wouldn't have ammassed all of the FSX purchases that you talk of!

I know I am posting in the XP section here, but surely such aggresive "loyalty" isn't really required in our hobby, or rewarded in any way?