Sign in to follow this  
FIVE-BY-FIVE

It kept me away from XPX so I returned it

I find the original post so strange; finding a product so good and enjoyable, then taking the money back from the developer/distributor.

It's almost like some sort of idealistic cruscade in the name of X-Plane 10, but you don't need to snub one sim, or show 'faithfullness' or loyalty to another sim.

Flight sim isn't a monogomous relationship with only one sim....  (or not for most people anyway).

I'm pleased you messed up your Flight 1 refund ticket (in a positive way), now just go and enjoy what is a wonderful aircraft, and stop worrying about your XP10 idealism! :smile:

I'm sure Austin's not watching your every move and talking ill of you, if you appear to be enjoying a FSX/P3D addon. :wink:

In my humble opinion, you convey quite a selfish perspective, wishing you could get refunds on all of the products you bought for FSX/P3D.   I am sure you're happy in your XP10 place now, but that doesn't mean you never got enjoyment from the FSX products you bought in the past, over many years.

It's very strange this approach that people like you and FIVE-BY-FIVE are taking, with XP10. Like an extremist loyalty towards XP10, and almost like a revulsion towards your 'past' with FSX, and towards past FSX purchases.

I'm sure you must have enjoyed FSX in the past, and your addon purchases you made for FSX, otherwise you would have stopped buying much more early on, and wouldn't have ammassed all of the FSX purchases that you talk of!

I know I am posting in the XP section here, but surely such aggresive "loyalty" isn't really required in our hobby, or rewarded in any way?

I have FS9, FSX, P3D and XPX 64bit on my PC.....why u mad dude? :lol:   it was my credit card not yours :P

I find the original post so strange; finding a product so good and enjoyable, then taking the money back from the developer/distributor.

It's almost like some sort of idealistic cruscade in the name of X-Plane 10

Huuuuummmm...let me see....hmmm, yep, this is the X-Plane forum alright. Honestly, what she does is none of your business.

So if I understand this right, you bought a product for FSX that was so good, and you enjoyed so much, that you returned it so that you could spend time with a sim you enjoy less, flying aircraft you enjoy less? :huh:

But...... you can be enthusiastic on the FSX forum too!

The FSX forum doesn't need her Larry, they've got you...you bundle of joy you.

I wish there were a way of keeping xpx post out of the left bar. That is were I start to read. Then you see T777 and all this other stuff and find out your in the XPX forum. Guess we need a filter. Anyway reading some of the XPX stuff made me dig out my XP9 and I remember why I came back to FSX. For the money I have invested in FSX it would probably  cause me a divorce if I started up another hobby lol... And 5 you are so right I love the DC9 which I am type rated in real life in. These guys did a wonderful job on this aircraft. Brings back memories of my early days with Delta. Really have to look into the TSS now. Thanks for the input and don't wait too long, you may go into withdrawls and need professional help. Happy aviating. Cpt out.

Thanks for the input and don't wait too long, you may go into withdrawls and need professional help

That's exactly why she came back to X-Plane RJ...:lol:

It's almost like some sort of idealistic cruscade in the name of X-Plane 10

Yes, and at the same time, you are becoming rather defensive (as I also noted in another post). What is wrong with someone showing enthusiasm in a sim that is actually being developed for and getting better each day. Look to the future and not to the past.

I own FSX and a heap of add-ons. Currently I only use X-plane 10 because I find it cutting edge in so many ways, but that's only my opinion. What is wrong with that? If you enjoy FSX more, then stick with it. It's not a competition either way, and besides when did FIVE ever say it was?

If you've ever been divorced and had a fall out with the ex, that is what seems Five's and jcomm's views. My roommate got divorced with a bad fallout, but 2 months later after he moved out on his own (the room he had with me reminded him of that bad few years), he was in a bad way financially and didn't have money to put food in the pantry and was lonely. She (the evil conniving you know what) wanted to mess with him, so she got in touch and said all the right things, wore the right clothes, she bought food with her food stamps for him and gave it up. He felt like crap for giving in afterward. Seems like some in the XP community have the feeling with FSX. Five hates that she got suckered back into that relationship again with such a lucrative token.

If they allowed the return, then that is the decision only they can make. If they stand behind their words and allow the refund, that just puts another feather in their hat as far as delivering great customer service that is key to companies in this market we peruse.

Hell, look at Wal-Mart after super bowl sunday. Lots of people buy a big screen TV before the game, watch it during the game and return it saying something is wrong with it. Wal-mart takes lots of crap that people buy knowing they'll just return it. At least Five didn't buy with the intent of seeing how good it was knowing that she would then return it.

Hehe, interesting view :-)

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...