Sign in to follow this  
KingGhidorah

Should MD-11 Copilot recognize "Autoflight" and "Prof" ?

I'm in the early stages of setting up my various airplanes, and still getting the hang of MCE, so it is hard for me to know what should work, and what is going to take a workaround.

The MD-11 copilot recognizes "VNAV" and "LNAV" and "Autopilot" but none of the md-11 specific names for these things.  Is this correct?  It isn't a voice recognition problem.  So I eventually made an alias for these things, by just creating a new VoxScript that commands Autopilot On when I say Autoflight, and command VNAV when I say Prof.  This works fine, but I'm wondering if this was a necessary step, or is something is not working correctly.

That is one way of doing it. I found that the MD11 has custom keyboard commands listed in their manual for things like Nav, Profile, Autoflight.

Just make sure those key combinations are active in the PMDG keyboard command section of your FSX Add Ons menu, and all you need to do is use VoxKey.

In VoxKey, create a command called "AutoFlight" and enter whatever key command The MD11 is using. That is that!

Also works for Autopilot Disconnect,when I say that. You can see my first officer presses the Yellow AP disconnect button on the Yoke. It works a treat!

Thanks WR269.  I might try the VoxKey as a more streamlined alternative to the Voxscript.  My learning process is coming along now at a good pace, and I'm so glad to FINALLY have something to interface with the MD-11 and all the other aircraft.  I was originally thinking about using MCE for only aircraft for which no FS2Crew module was available, but now I'm re-thinking that.  I only have one FS2Crew module, and that is for the Jetstream, and honestly, I'm really liking the flexibility that MCE gives a lot better than the set-piece script of FS2Crew, so maybe I'll skip my plans to get the FS2 stuff for the NGX.  Only downside is that copilot Trav is a little like Forest Gump and he can grate on my nerves.

LOL. There are other voices available on the MCE website. I use Clive,others prefer Jean-Claude, give them a try.

MCE now fully supports the J41 as well, and I have been using it with the Aerosoft A320 for many months now. I believe the Majestic Q400 is coming soon as they don't need an SDK, just good old fashioned programming, so fingers crossed it comes soon, should be great fun.

This works fine, but I'm wondering if this was a necessary step, or is something is not working correctly.

Suggest you have a look at the documents for "shared commands". I must admit, with all these update going on it's difficult to keep the documentation up to date.

For most things, you probably don't want to create your own commands as they already exist.

Try "Profile climb" or "Profile descent", "P climb" or "P descent".

"Profile" as a single word doesn't exist, so it's right for you to add it as an alias. That's another use for voxscript, beside creating custom flows.

Built-in commands always take precedence over custom voice commands. Therefore if you create a new command such as "gear up" with the intent of getting FO to perform a string of actions, the built-in command will execute instead. The custom voice command has to be different by at least one letter.

Only downside is that copilot Trav is a little like Forest Gump and he can grate on my nerves.

Although Trav has his admirers too, just in case you missed that, there are 3 other first officers waiting for the privilege to fill the right seat

http://www.multicrewxp.com/FO_Clive_For_MCE_V2.zip

http://www.multicrewxp.com/FO_William_For_MCE_V2.zip

http://www.multicrewxp.com/FO_Jean_Claude_For_MCE_V2.zip

First Officer Dieter (German accent) is expected to join the ranks sometimes this year

Another Mechanic voice

http://www.multicrewxp.com/Mechanic_Clive_For_MCE.zip

Unzip and run "InstallVoice" for each voice pack.