Sign in to follow this  
Wendall

Help needed with graphic issues

Hey guys,

I finally made an upgrade today, and unfortunately am experiencing some graphic issues. The "Loading Windows" screen is just fine, however when it gets to the log in screen, the screen looks glitchy, out of focus, and just not very good. My upgrades were a Z87-plus mother board, the new i5 4670K, and a GTX 660. Is it the GPU? Or Something else? And how can I fix it?
Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Have you reset  the resolution to the resolution of your monitor?

Right click on the screen and adjust the settings in the nvidia Control Panel.

Bert

Have you reset  the resolution to the resolution of your monitor?

Right click on the screen and adjust the settings in the nvidia Control Panel.

Hi Bert,

Good idea, will check back with you in the morning, I missed this step.

Hi Bert,

Unfortunately that didn't work, and after reinstalling the Nvidea drivers, the artifacts are still there, and the Nvidea control is nowhere to be found!Any other ideas?

What screen resolution are you running at?

Again, right click on the screen and get to Properties, or Settings, or Control Panel / Display

Bert

I'm running a 19'' monitor at 1600x1200.

EDIT: Now it's saying that I don't have the sufficient drivers to run Aero Transparency. What key driver am I missing?

I know nothing about Windows 7/8 except that most experts recommend to turn off Aero.

My question was, what resolution are you currently running on your Windows desktop?

Make sure it is also 1600x1200x32

Bert

I will recheck ASAP. Also, for some reason Nvidea inspector didn't install with the disk that came in the GTX660, so I need to reinstall that too.

Nvidia Inspector is separate - it does not come with the driver.

Bert

Sorry,I meant Control Panel. It just says "you don't have an Nvidea powered GPU" and won't open.

In that case, I would re-install the driver.. got to nvidia.com and download the latest driver for your card.

Bert

Hi Bert,

Nothing has worked. Reinstalled the driver, and the Control Panel isn't working and the graphic issues are still present, sometimes looking worse than they were. What's going on? 

My upgrades were a Z87-plus mother board, the new i5 4670K, and a GTX 660. Is it the GPU?

Do you have a "GTX 660"?  Have you downloaded the latest drivers from nVidia, NOT from the disk that came with the card?

Have you installed Windows 7 Service Pack 1?  It shouldn't be required for your card but can cause issues on newer ones.

What does device manager say?

(right click computer, click on manage, click on "Device Manager" and look at "display adapters")

Does Windows event log have any Red error indications within system?

Aero should be fine with that system...  You can turn it off if you like but i can't see why you would.

Ian R Tyldesley

Do you have a "GTX 660"?

Check.

Have you downloaded the latest drivers from nVidia, NOT from the disk that came with the card?

Check.

Have you installed Windows 7 Service Pack 1?  It shouldn't be required for your card but can cause issues on newer ones.

Check.

What does device manager say?

Well that's interesting...It says "Windows has stopped this device because it has reported problems". That's weird, this is a brand new card.

Does Windows event log have any Red error indications within system?

Not too sure where I could find it, but looked it up and found nothing in red.

Well that's interesting...It says "Windows has stopped this device because it has reported problems". That's weird, this is a brand new card.

That's your issue, i assume that Device manager is reporting the card as a standard VGA adapter, hence the "artifacts".  It'll look weird because it's forcing the card to display a resolution that the monitor isn't designed to show...something horrible from the late 90's like 1024x768 (which isn't actually VGA, more XGA but WIndows doesn't care)

Windows saying that doesn't mean the card has issues.  Could be the driver, did you download the correct driver i.e. the 64-bit driver, i have an ATI, but i assume nVidia have native 64 bit drivers?

Event manager is in the same place as Device Manager, (right click my computer, then click manage)  There should be an icon called Event Viewer, click the arrow thing next to it and look at Windows Logs then System, you could also check Application.

Ian R Tyldesley