Sign in to follow this  
Wendall

Help needed with graphic issues

Windows saying that doesn't mean the card has issues.  Could be the driver, did you download the correct driver i.e. the 64-bit driver, i have an ATI, but i assume nVidia have native 64 bit drivers?

Yup, redownloaded and reinstalled from Nvidea's website.

I found two errors, each occuring every time the computer was restarted, coming from a source named nvlddmkm, but that's all I could find.

Yup, redownloaded and reinstalled from Nvidea's website.

I found two errors, each occuring every time the computer was restarted, coming from a source named nvlddmkm, but that's all I could find.

Try this buddy:

http://www.instructables.com/id/How-to-Fix-the-Nvlddmkm-Error/

After reading all the 'happy' nVidia card owners i think i'll stick with ATI  :ph34r:

A more technical discussion here:

https://forums.geforce.com/default/topic/413110/geforce-drivers/the-nvlddmkm-error-what-is-it-an-fyi-for-those-seeing-this-issue/

Ian R Tyldesley

What a pain.

Ian, none of those fixes in the first article. I'm completely at a loss now, and the only thing I can come up with is that it's running too hot or something. I'm really clueless now.

When you did the upgrade, did you reinstall Windows or are you using a previous install from disk?

What a pain.

Ian, none of those fixes in the first article. I'm completely at a loss now, and the only thing I can come up with is that it's running too hot or something. I'm really clueless now.

Indeed, is this a new install or reinstall of Windows? (edit..beaten too that one)

Have you attempted to overclock the system yet?

What's your PSU?

The articles generally say that a resolution can be found, it's just a question of working through the steps.

There are more nVidia savvy people on this board than me.  I am sure that someone will know the solution.

My apologies to nVidia, it would seem it's actually a Windows issue...not just nVidia... boo  

Ian R Tyldesley

Brand new installation of windows, right off the disk.

No overclocking has been attempted

650 watts, Corsair TX650M

No overclocking has been attempted

650 watts, Corsair TX650M

Should be OK, it's actually more important that the supply has a 12volt rail capable of supplying 24amps.  You do have that.

I have read that you can turn off TDR but it's not advised.

Latest version of DirectX installed?

Uninstall the driver (regardless of which driver), run something like driver sweeper to remove the left overs.  Reboot the machine.  Ensure all Windows updates are installed, download the driver again from nvidia.  Install, reboot, see if things are better.

You can alter the timeout of TDR using the registry, but i am not 100% sure that it is the problem you are having

Try something like GPUz and CPUz for the temps.

It's night here in the sunny UK.  But i hope that somebody with more nVidia experience than me can help you.

Ian R Tyldesley

Latest version of DirectX installed?

Uninstall the driver (regardless of which driver), run something like driver sweeper to remove the left overs.  Reboot the machine.  Ensure all Windows updates are installed, download the driver again from nvidia.  Install, reboot, see if things are better.

Will try, thanks for all the help!

And all the proper hardware drivers that are on the CD/DVD that came with the mobo? I'd also be checking the manufacturers site for the mobo to see if anything just got released, with things being new and subject to correction/update fairly quickly.

Alright I think I figured it out.

I only seem to get really bad graphic issues with this new driver 320.18 or whatever. Should I downgrade a driver? Or try the latest beta?

One last thing before I put this topic to bed. I'm getting a Code 19 in the Device Manager when I look at the GPU. "Windows cannot start this hardware device because its configuration information (in the registry) is incomplete or damaged. To fix this problem you should uninstall and then reinstall the hardware device. (Code 19." Does this mean we now have something else to work on? and what can fix it?

Just some more ideas,

1.  Is the card seated properly, and do you have the 6 pin power ( or double 6 pin plug ) plugged into the card?

the 3D drivers will not install or configuer correctly if no power plug, ( hence the 'no Aero' message. )

2.   In Device manager, go to view, then select 'show hidden devices', check that there are no multiple listed display adaptors.  If so, then use device manager to remove ALL the devices.  If just the one, then remove that and reboot.

3.  Try again to install drivers,  

4. Click 'start' then find, and type in DXDIAG,    select the dxdiag and go into Display section and see if you have Direct 3D etc. is it greyed out etc.?

you may be looking at a dud card.

hope this helps,

Ron.

1.  Is the card seated properly, and do you have the 6 pin power ( or double 6 pin plug ) plugged into the card?
the 3D drivers will not install or configuer correctly if no power plug, ( hence the 'no Aero' message. )

Yep, earlier in the build process BIOS wouldn't start without this, and I rechecked last night.

2.   In Device manager, go to view, then select 'show hidden devices', check that there are no multiple listed display adaptors.  If so, then use device manager to remove ALL the devices.  If just the one, then remove that and reboot.

Checked, nothing out of the ordinary.

3.  Try again to install drivers,  

Installed latest driver, and then the next oldest one. No luck, removing the drivers gives me slightly less graphic issues, so I'll stay without them for the time being.

4. Click 'start' then find, and type in DXDIAG,    select the dxdiag and go into Display section and see if you have Direct 3D etc. is it greyed out etc.?

Everything in DirectX features is labelled as "Not Available" is this the same thing as greyed out? Or is "not available" a normal message.

Yes,  if it say's 'not available',   3D hardware accelleration is disabled, or not installed.

causes usually are,  No Direct X installed, or video drivers are faulty or incorrect versions.

Go to Microsoft  http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=35

and get the latest version of Direct X.

Install Direct X.

From control panel> programs and features.  remove the Nvidea display drivers,  just to be sure.  Then install the ones that came on disk with the card.  You can always update them later,  but this will eliminate the possibility of a corrupt download.

Some other things you can check;

right click desktop and 'properties' then settings, advanced, then troubleshoot.  make sure the hardware acceleration slider is set to full.

Next one is more tricky,  I hope your familiar with the Registry. but can happen when installing drivers with direct X being faulty.

Type Regedit into the search box,  right click on the file and select 'run as administrator'

I will give 2 paths depending on your system,

Hkey_local_machine/software/wow6432node/microsoft/direct3D/drivers

or:   Hkey_local_machine/software/microsoft/Direct3D/Drivers.

when you get to drivers, do not expand, just highlight it and in the right hand vane (window) you will see 'software only'  followed by a string of zero's.  The last number in brackets should be a zero.  If it's a number 1  then hardware acceleration is disabled.  To change, double click on 'software only' and change the value data from 1 to zero.

If your still getting the code 19 device manager error, then another registry change may be needed, ie, upper and lower filters.   Not at my main computer so not sure, if you just search for code 19 errors, you can find more info,   but usually re installing works.

Ron.

Your PC specs say:

Geforce 440 for video and Dell OEM for MB.

Confirm?

Pierre