Sign in to follow this  
jman8910

one question... is RC worth it?

You will get more varied answers if you open your topic in a different forum ...    :rolleyes:

If you want ATC that's professional, easy to interface with, covering the whole world and available 7/24 - definitely yes!

I agree with Oliver's answer. And just to remind people I have no financial involvement at all with RC.

Except for when I'm beta testing I'm just an ordinary user like the rest of you.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

I want good ATC, because I have gotten sick of the FSX ATC... however, I want to know if it is worth the money.

It's worth every penny. If you do buy RC4, be sure to download the Meatwater replacement voice packs from the AVSIM library - they are very well done and sound more realistic.

I don't like flying without RC4. It interacts well with AI, sounds professional, plus you will not find better support for a product than you will get here. JD and Ronzie are are quick to reply to any issues you might encounter. I used RC in FS9 and I still use it in P3D.

Todd

The only way to get better, more realistic ATC is to go to VATSIM.  Is it worth it??  Only you will be able to answer your own question, and I seem to detect more than a little belligerence in your (written) attitude.  It's as if you have, to some extent at least, already decided it is not.   Those of us who have purchased the program and learned to use it properly (understand, there is a definite learning curve) by reading the manual and following the training flights are, in general, well pleased.  I may be wrong on the following point but I do believe JD offers a 30 day refund (someone please correct me if this is wrong) if not satisfied.  But remember, this is all IMHO.  Is RC worth it??  That will be in your opinion.

I'd be interested in hearing your opinion if you do decide to give RC an honest  and informed try--including learning to fly it properly.

The only way to get better, more realistic ATC is to go to VATSIM.  Is it worth it??  Only you will be able to answer your own question, and I seem to detect more than a little belligerence in your (written) attitude.  It's as if you have, to some extent at least, already decided it is not.   Those of us who have purchased the program and learned to use it properly (understand, there is a definite learning curve) by reading the manual and following the training flights are, in general, well pleased.  I may be wrong on the following point but I do believe JD offers a 30 day refund (someone please correct me if this is wrong) if not satisfied.  But remember, this is all IMHO.  Is RC worth it??  That will be in your opinion.

I'd be interested in hearing your opinion if you do decide to give RC an honest  and informed try--including learning to fly it properly.

For what it's worth, I didn't detect one bit of belligerence in his questions.

It is an older product, (relative to some other ATC programs that have entered the market more recently), so it's fair and relevent to ask whether it's (still) worth the asking price.

You seem to have judged this guy as belligerent, and you've also decided he's likely not to use it 'properly' as you put it - both unfairly in my honest opionion.

===============

Ok, I use RC4 and although it has quirks, and there are some areas that other ATC programs do better, I still see it as the "best overall solution".

Free Meatwater voices are a must though!

You seem to have judged this guy as belligerent, and you've also decided he's likely not to use it 'properly' as you put it - both unfairly in my honest opionion.

Thanks for your well reasoned commentary, but I stand by my opinion, as you do yours :-)

RC is worth every penny, still the best 3d party ATC IMHO.

spacer.png

Does anybody have a good link to Meatwater's sound pack version 2?

spacer.png

Guest Mik75

Although I own Pro ATC/X, I wanted to ask a similar question. Pro ATC has its strengths, but the missing interaction with AI and the lack of voice control make me look for a possible alternative. Especially the latter feature (in conjunction with MCE) is what attracted me lately. I watched a few very promising videos of RC4 on YouTube. The phraseology seems to be quite spot on, so one can train talking to ATC between two online flights. Another possibility could be Vox ATC, since from my understanding, voice interaction with MCE should work with it too.

That being said, which one is easier to set up and better in terms of most realistic phraseology and flawless speech recognition? Vox ATC or RC4?

Looked at  PRO-ATC/X recently, looked hard, not impressed due to no AI interaction, also dont like voice reognition, that technology still not "there" yet IMHO.

But, BUT, RC development appears to be dead (this phantom RC5 is nowhere to be seen)  while PRO-ATC/X is still being actively developed.

As a note though, support for RC is still there, active, and stellar.

spacer.png