Sign in to follow this  
Ramjett

Legacy NG FMC Window Size

The popup window for the FMC has always been too short for the size of the FMC.  I see the entire FMC but it appears "squashed" into a length that is too short.  When I press the "8" key a "5" shows up in the scratchpad. Press "0" and I get "8".  I have gotten around this issue by simply finding the lower edge of the FMC Window with my cursor and making the window longer.  Then all the keys work correctly.  I had hoped the window size would be saved, but the next time I load the 737 it's back to being too short.  

I thought maybe I could edit the panel.cfg file and make the FMC window larger that way, but the changes I make don't seem to be saved.

I use Windows XP so it is not a admin thing.  This is for FS9.  I don;t really recall when it started, but I believe it was when I installed the -800 and -900 addon over the initial -600/-700.  The cockpit changes from the initial cockpit you have with just the -600/-700.  I seem to recall having to run a texture correction program to make liveries show up and something about the VC, but I've had this for 4 years now and the original install is "fuzzy" at my age.

Any one else experienced this and if so how did you fix it.  Looked at the unofficial PMDG Forum here but found nothing similar.

Randy

This is related to the screen resolution.

Reduce the size of the FMC pop up window and that will resolve it.

Regards

Alan W

Thanks for the suggestion Alan, but no joy.  I changed the size of the FMC window to smaller and larger and in both cases I had had the same issue with the lower buttons on the FMC in both the panel folder and the panel.vc folder.  I also changed the position the windows opens in but it still continues to open in the upper left side of the screen at the 400,600 size regardless of what the panel.cfg says.  I doublechecked and the config file is accepting and saving my changes, but the changes don't display.  It's like something in the PMDG files elsewhere is overriding any changes I make.

Still looking at how to fix it.

Randy

Had the same problem, which I fixed by changing the appropriate window size in panel.cfg to 400*700  (original was 400*600). 

size_mm=400,700
gauge00=PMDG_737NG_Main!CDU,  0,0,400,700,L

Gerard Marley