Sign in to follow this  
vorox144

Aerosoft Scenery Problem

Hi, I have a problem with aerosoft and flytampa scenery like amsterdam,frankfurt and flytampa midway.... I usually fly in my airbus x or ngx at around 30 to 35 at big airports like vienna =flytampa=    i can get 20 25 fps easy but airports like frankfurt or amsterdam frames drop to 15 and amsterdam like 10 fps I have all tweaks and service packs applied I know that frankfurt is very heavy on fps but in fs9 using ifly 737 I can get 35 fps with the same scenery but in fsx its just awful, is there some way i can raise fps at aerosoft airports like maybe some sort of scenery tweak or somthing just so that i can recieve better fps at big airports made by aerosoft also madrid is a good example 

all sceney sliders in middle and i tried to put autogen density to sparse still low fps   Im sure its not autogen scenery its the frankfurt airport itself that causes low fps also my traffic and airline traffic are 0

Pc specs

core i7 2600 3.5 Ghz

8gb ddr3 RAM

GTX550ti 

thanks for reading and i hope someone can help  

and before you comment saying use the tweaking tool i already did and also added some other tweaks like poolsize=0 and some other ones :)

Both Frankfurt and Amsterdam are very much larger than Vienna, so that's very likely to be one reason for the worse performance in the first two. Secondly, Amsterdam is reportedly extremely hard on frames on many setups.

You also need to keep in mind that the Vienna addon is newer than EDDF and EHAM, which allowed the developers to use newer (i.e. better) techniques in modelling to achieve better performance at the same level of detail. A downside of Vienna, although it probably helps saving quite some FPS, is that the taxi signs tend to appear only when you're  really close to them already.

Another possible reason for the worse performance (but I'm really not sure about whether it applies for these particular airports) is that airports that were orignially developed for FS9 and then more or less only ported to FSX usually perform a little worse in FSX than in FS9. Besides, and this may be an important point here, it is a known problem that even if you're perfectly able to run FS9 on any computer with everything maxed out, while FSX may very well struggle with all settings maxed, even on the best of all recent machines. It's very well possible to gain some FPS by simply palying around with your FSX (scenery) settings, to see how they affect performance.

As a general tendency - Vienna being an exemption - you can say that the Aerosoft "Mega Airports" series is rather hard on FPS in FSX.

On top of all the valuable stuff Florian posted:

You can define different scenery settings profiles within FSX. These profiles you can even change during flight.

So I'd recommend a 'quality profile' for FT and a 'performance profile' for the MA's.

Regarding the Aerosoft Airbusses you should make sure, that the FSX high-res VC option is enabled in all your profiles: The Aerosoft AXE/AAX need this as a prerequisite for their displays and changing this particular setting during flight causes a CTD in FSX.

OK thanks a while back i read a forum that said eham is very heavy frame eater but now I know for myself  i tweaked my autogen buildings and trees to only show 800 per cell and did alot of other tweaks on the autogen but it didnt seem to help me much in frankfurt what settings should i lower besides autogen and scenery to give me better performance in frankfurt i already have traffic at 0 and my water for some reason doesnt impact fsx alot i use REX and with 1x mid i get 35 fps and with low 2x i only get 2 or 3 frames less so water isnt to much of a problem (what can you suggest i do THANKS :)     

i have most of that set except clouds i use rex and i checked to see if cloudes have big impact on my fsx and it was only 2 or 3 fps so clouds are much of a killer atleast for me