Sign in to follow this  
pao

AirSimmer status ?

Hi,

Does anyone have an idea of the Airsimmer Airbus project status.....   there's a guy on their forum assuring a kind of technical support (FLEX1978) for the last 1-2 years but we absolutely get no news on the Advanced/FSX status.....   We could think the project is dead but I guess an "external" guy wouldn't lose his time working for Airsimmer if he wasn't sure the project was still alive.... don't you think ? Everything would be closed down otherwise....

too much, too soon....

Errr, I don't think he's part of the project anymore. I haven't been on the forums over there in quite sometime, but I wouldn't hold my breath for news or even a disposition of the bus.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dana Palmer

KJAC

I don't believe there's anyone left in the Airsimmer Offices... It's a shame, cause I do believe they had a lot of potential of creating a high-end Airbus simulation. Guess they (like all others (Airliner XP.... anyone?)) underestimated the complexity of Airbus systemslogic.

Their choice to release an FS9-only, half-finished buggy product with the only intent to raise money to fund continuation of the project was already a bad omen. 

Regards,

Frank van der Werff

Banner_FS2Crew_Line_Pilot.jpg

I don't believe there's anyone left in the Airsimmer Offices... It's a shame, cause I do believe they had a lot of potential of creating a high-end Airbus simulation. Guess they (like all others (Airliner XP.... anyone?)) underestimated the complexity of Airbus systemslogic.

Their choice to release an FS9-only, half-finished buggy product with the only intent to raise money to fund continuation of the project was already a bad omen. 

I think it was less about funding the continuation of the project and more about recouping some of the current loss.

- Aaron

A real lost opportunity as the VC was a work of beauty, the modelling was superb and the soundset was awesome. The rest sucked big time. Rob over in the FS9 forum was a big help in getting things working but it was a fickle beast at the best of times and you had to remember not start the APU from the VC or it would CTD, or go direct to in the FMGC, as it would CTD etc etc.

It'll never be finished. FS9 is old news. Aerosoft beat them to it with a decent Bus and the FSL version will blow them all into the dirt, hopefully!

No developer is going to sink money into an Bus for FS9.

:lol:   Not nice to laugh at that, but it is pretty hilarious.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dana Palmer

KJAC

:lol:   Not nice to laugh at that, but it is pretty hilarious.

Indeed this is a good one.....    I guess we can laugh after what they did to their customers   :angry:

too much, too soon....

It's not 'dead' per se, I know there are still at least a handful of people working on the project, but it's not alive enough to be considered relevant - if that makes sense. Just seems to be a slow trickle of fixes/improvements to the basic edition.

I can't see the extended version ever being properly ported to FSX, so the more time elapses, the less relevant Airsimmer becomes, as hardware capable of running FSX well becomes cheaper and the remaining FS9 tube fliers migrate over to FSX.

As bennyboy75 said, it's a real shame as there was promise in many aspects of it and it was shaping up to be a damn sight better than the Wilco v2 or perhaps even the Aerosoft Airbuses. I know my friend flies the Basic Edition quite a bit and enjoys it, when it doesn't CTD!

If/when the FSLabs A320 appears, if it lives up to all the hype, that will make every previous A32x addon completely irrelevant anyway. Which is a good thing, because all the existing ones are pants!

ckyliu, proud supporter of ViaIntercity.com. i5 12400F, 32GB, GTX980, more in "About me" on my profile. 

support1.jpg

I've been flying the bus for nearly 18 months but I stopped visiting their site since nothing is new except new complaints new customers. They could have been big  if they had wanted to.

I think they ran out of money.... Developing at such an ambitious level requires full-time developing and in the end, they still needed money to cover expenses (living, eating, etc).

But I agree.... a sad thing it got lost.... It would have been great...

Regards,

Frank van der Werff

Banner_FS2Crew_Line_Pilot.jpg

They had some really nice people working for them and I believe that at the time, they was very keen to succeed. Now It is past whatever reputation they could have made in the market and has lost all It's possible respect.

Contrary to reports, the only developer that was working on it has ceased and he was the husband of the lady that got it going in the first place. Sad really, I embraced this project when it first started in 1996.

I know my friend flies the Basic Edition quite a bit and enjoys it, when it doesn't CTD!

Tell a lie, even he got fed up with the CTDs and it doing its own thing and went back to the Wilco.

There's a guy on their forum assuring a kind of technical support (FLEX1978) for the last 1-2 years

Errr, I don't think he's part of the project anymore.

He was when I spoke to him April. He runs the beta team and tech support, dunno if he does much (if any) development though. He posts on the Avsim forums quite often under the same username.

Contrary to reports, the only developer that was working on it has ceased and he was the husband of the lady that got it going in the first place. Sad really, I embraced this project when it first started in 1996.

You mean Vasillius? But they're still firing out the odd update? I know most of the people working on the project when I was involved with it have long since gone. I no longer take have any interest in Airsimmer other a somewhat morbid curiosity in to why/how it failed.

Airsimmer taught me an important lesson; never pay for any product until it is finished, no matter how promising it looks and how big the discount is you are offered. And never believe what developers tell you, try before you buy or read a few reviews unless there is a no-quibble refund policy. I know that sounds like Page 1, Paragraph 1 but I thought Flight Sim developers might be more trustworthy, and I was desperate for a decent Airbus. Sadly I'm still waiting.

ckyliu, proud supporter of ViaIntercity.com. i5 12400F, 32GB, GTX980, more in "About me" on my profile. 

support1.jpg

Actually thought about this company the other day when I found my old FS9 installer. Shame to hear it went down the drain.