Sign in to follow this  
FreeBird(Josh)

Inspector settings for DX10

Does anybody have a good set of settings for DX10 I have a 460 video card.   Josh

CPU: Intel i9-11900K @5.2 / RAM: 32GB DDR4 3200 / GPU: 4080 16GB /

If you look beyond page 1 you will find plenty of recommended settings.

+1.  In addition, not everyone has the same settings because their computer systems are not the same.  What works great for some does not for others.  You can try some of the settings in the pinned topics in this forum but I have set mine to the default settings for FSX as established by the Nvidia techs.  They work very well for me but then I mainly have photo scenery.  I wish there were perfect settings that would work for everyone but there are not.  And it all depends are what you are loading and where you are flying too.  The settings you choose may work for several flights but not for every flight as more graphics and memory and CPU power must be used in various situations.  That's why I really like my default settings.  Then, all I have to do is make sure my fsx settings are not set too high or the config is not filled with a lot of useless tweaks.

Best regards,

Jim

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

Interrestingly with ATI there are only a few settings available so it's easy to choose I guess. Well. To some degree.

Only thing you seem to need in the FSX.CFG is Wideviewaspect=true and highmemfix pretty much like everyone here. No need for BufferPools it seems.

If no other tweaks are in the CFG, DX10 default AA is (4xAA) Multisample or supersample is up to you set in RadeonPro or nVidia Inspector.

No option. You must do the following and all cards will behave the same (HD 6000/7000)

1. Like everyone here you still have to enable Aniso and AA in FSX.

2. You need RadeonPro tool to force vsync.

3. You have to have AA set to Application controlled in RadeonPro.

Optional but recommended

1. You can set RadeonPro to either Multisample or SuperSample. Supersample cleans up transparencies. Sharp instruments and jaggie free paint jobs and should have minimal performance hit on HD 6000/7000 series cards (provided you spent more than $150 LOL).

2. You can set AF (Aniso) to 16x and High Quality. Leaving it at application controlled mean FSX Default. Default FSX has a bit of shimmer on water IMO (Even when I ran nVidia). Recommended to Override and go to 16xAF HQ. Gorgeous water. Especially with REX "Use This" water.

3. Lock at 30 with Dynamic Framerate Control (DFC). It's very smooth with FSX set to unlimited. It's RadeonPro's secret sauce it seems. When I DONT use it and set FSX to 30 fps locked I get like 24 fps at KHIO in the Carenado C337 and the Building Storms Theme. With DFC(30) and Unlimited in FSX I am at 30 basically 24/7 in that scenario.

4. You can ADD another AA mode on top of Supersample or Multisample called FXAA (Low, Med, High and Ultra). Only if you feel you want to. I get ZERO change in framerate with FXAA enabled it seems. Visually? It does make a small change to the look of runway dashed lines but does make 4xSSAA look like about 6xSSAA or close to 8xSSAA.

But I know this was a question about nVidia. I just find it fascinating how many different configs there are for the nVidia users.

I sure hope DX10 work continues. I can see how it helps.

C.

Thanks for the comments. I was just curious what settings other were using. I fly mostly ORBX but do allot of flying in Hawaii and California with photoreal. DX 10 has brought new life to my sim as I'm only three yrs. into a 5yr plan before I'm allowed to get a new computer( wife's orders) and hopefully by the end of 2014 the new processors will be incredible.

CPU: Intel i9-11900K @5.2 / RAM: 32GB DDR4 3200 / GPU: 4080 16GB /

I'm only three yrs. into a 5yr plan before I'm allowed to get a new computer( wife's orders)

LOL!  Now we know why Haswell wasn't such a big deal!  I think your wife has upgrading thingy all figured out!

Best regards,

Jim

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10