Sign in to follow this  
Tatave

The bargain hunter's shack

Hi,

I understand that improvements are being made to Avsim, but why was the Bargain Hunter's shack removed? It was much easier for developers (Such as Flight1) to post their specials in a forum, as it was easier also for us simmers to find the occasional discounts. If I remember correctly, this was done before, but the forum was just recreated. Why do this again given that it had already failed the first time? 

Thanks for any info, 

Thanks,

Kevin L

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

I to enjoyed the bargain hunters shack it saved me a lot of money and put money into the pockets of many FS companys! Please bring it back.

ATP MEL,CFI,CFII,MEI.

I liked it too and regret its passing :-(

Gavin Barbara

Over 10 years here and AVSIM is still my favourite FS site :-)

..except there's been a distinct lack of entries in the "Bargain" section of the classifieds since it went live.  I've only ever seen two, and one of them was a test post.

Consider this another vote for reinstating the old style Bargain Hunter's Shack.

Dr V

I've only ever seen two, and one of them was a test post.

Yeah, me too, and I missed the second one, because I wasn't aware of the new system earlier.

Besides,with the old system you could always tell whether there's been new posts/topics or not from the main page.

Besides,with the old system you could always tell whether there's been new posts/topics or not from the main page.

That's one of the worst things about the new system. 

Thanks,

Kevin L

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

Just look to the right:

Presumably this would include entries from the Bargains section as well?

But having not seen anything in the Bargains section for a couple of weeks now, I get the feeling that those who would have posted in the old Bargain Hunters' Shack do not seem to be adopting the new format at all.  Which is a shame.

Dr V

Just look to the right:

Thanks for pointing that out, Tom. Haven't noticed that before.

Yes, it would. Making an entry in the new system is not any more difficult than entering a message in the forum system. If community members and commercial members want to forgo using the new system because it is different, then I don't know what to say.

But having not seen anything in the Bargains section for a couple of weeks now, I get the feeling that those who would have posted in the old Bargain Hunters' Shack do not seem to be adopting the new format at all.  Which is a shame.

Dr V

I get that feeling, too.  Seems like there was usually at least one deal posted a week.  Guess we're on our own to actively go search.

Kyle Weber (Private Pilot, ASEL; Flight Test Engineer)
Check out my repaints and downloads, all right here on AVSIM

Different is not necessarily better. I feel this new setup is clunky and too formal compared to the simple forum way of old. If I get a vote, I prefer the return of the old format.