Sign in to follow this  
Tatave

The bargain hunter's shack

+1 on bringing back the old system. The new forum is not as user friendly and as inviting as the old sub forum which I found very useful and also enjoyed posting stuff there to help others.

We did lose flightsimdealoftheday as well as flight1 sales (haven't seen one in a while). It just seems like there are less sales in general. But it's been eerily quiet since the forum switch. Maybe Tom can push the commercial members along....and we the community can step up in the meantime. For example, this week's aerosoft sale is the simcheck a300. I've heard it's excellent.

In a traditional sense, it seems like 'classifieds' would be where individuals might post stuff for sale.  The word has a newspaperish craigslist feel to it.  Businesses might not feel comfortable going there. 

Gregg Seipp

"A good landing is when you can walk away from the airplane.  A great landing is when you can reuse it."
i7-8700 32GB Ram, GTX-1070 8 Gig RAM

In a traditional sense, it seems like 'classifieds' would be where individuals might post stuff for sale.  The word has a newspaperish craigslist feel to it.  Businesses might not feel comfortable going there. 

100% agree.  I know the old forum didn't see a lot of action, but if "forum cleanup" was the primary motivation behind this move I have to chuckle a bit.  Avsim has more sub-forums than any other 10 forums I go to put together.  

Well said. That is exactly what I thought it meant. Guess I need to explore the forums more in depth. Cpt. Out.

Well, dang, I guess I missed the Aerosoft Father's Day sale.  Just noticed.

Oh, crap!! I didn't even see anything about a sale.

Thanks,

Kevin L

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

Oh, crap!! I didn't even see anything about a sale.

Yeah.  me neither.  I don't think it was shown on the US version

So it was an EU Aerosoft sale only? Just out of curiosity, what where some of the deals?

So it was an EU Aerosoft sale only? Just out of curiosity, what where some of the deals?

Some sceneries discounted.

Kyle Weber (Private Pilot, ASEL; Flight Test Engineer)
Check out my repaints and downloads, all right here on AVSIM

+1 on bringing back the old system. The new forum is not as user friendly and as inviting as the old sub forum which I found very useful and also enjoyed posting stuff there to help others.

Agreed as well. It was nice to even have the last thread/message posted to quickly see if there was a hot topic while browsing the main forum page. And easy to discuss deals/addons back and forth. Still doesn't look like much activity with the new system unfortunately.

Kyle Weber (Private Pilot, ASEL; Flight Test Engineer)
Check out my repaints and downloads, all right here on AVSIM

+1 on bringing back the old system. The new forum is not as user friendly and as inviting as the old sub forum which I found very useful and also enjoyed posting stuff there to help others.

Affirmative.

It looks like the commercial vendors skipped using the new bargain forum.

It is realy a pitty AVSIM have changed this for the worse (in my opinion)

In general:

I used to be a very frequent visitor of AVSIM (few times a day)

With the new (cluttered) front page in place and the frequently bad forum performance I visit AVSIM forums only a few times per month now.

System: AMD 7800X3D - X670 Mobo - RTX 4090 - 32GB 6000MHz DDR5 - Corsair RM1000x PSU - 2 x 2TB SSD - 32" 1440p Display - Windows 11

It's interesting that people started posting bargains in the FSX forum, where they WOULD be noticed.

And which has now been banned...

Meanwhile few postings in the Bargains forum, and several bargains missed.

Cheers

Keith

It's interesting that people started posting bargains in the FSX forum, where they WOULD be noticed.

And which has now been banned...

Cheers

Keith

Bargain posts in any forum have not been allowed going back to the original Bargain Basement forums. Just because some folks don't like the newer system doesn't mean that they can choose to post anywhere they want. The new system works great and would work better if folks like you supported it.

Well, if you knew about bargains WHY DIDN'T YOU take some responsibility and post them yourself?

We're not going back to the old way guys. You pretty much beat this horse to death. Suck it up and let's move on.