Sign in to follow this  
Todd Moore

VNAV and V speeds

I am having difficulty getting my Vspeeds to register.  I press the suggested speeds, and the V speeds do not indicate on the MFD.  Also, when I get airborn, the VNAV button will not engage.  I don't know what I am doing wrong.

This will sound wholly unhelpful, but it's an honest question:

Have you tried the tutorial flights?  Often, when issues like that arise, a step in the procedure was missed.

I'm not trying to insult your intelligence, or anything.  It's an honest question, from honest observation.  Other than that, screenshots could be helpful.  To take a screenshot in the sim, you can press the 'v' key and it will automatically save a picture in BMP format.

Kyle Rodgers

Hello Todd,  Kyles reply  is relevant but can I ask did you follow the procedures in the Init page right through to the take off button on bottom right which when pressed will give you the take off speeds on the right of the page which you confirm by pressing each in turn the last speed is the one you enter in the speed box in the MCP this will enable the Vnav to recognise the speed and will enable when everything in the take off is OK. This is just a quick version not knowing the full facts in your query. Hope this helps. Richard Welsh. 

Thanks, that fixed it.  I was forgetting to press eht exec button.  I have another problem, though.  Now my map display on my MFD is not initializing.  I have loaded it as cold and dark, and I initialize the INF switches, but the displays will not update to show my flight map.

I meant ins switches

crap...irs...not ins

The IRS has a time to align. If you want instant or to alter do so in the FMC under set up. Hope this helps. It gives you a couple of different options. Cpt out.

I think you can get there by pressing menu. You can change everything about the aircraft there as far as Instruments, fuel, doors and the such.

I have set the irs, and I wait for the align light to go out, but it doesn't change anything.  The map display does not show my flight route.  I don't know what I am doing wrong.

I have set the irs, and I wait for the align light to go out, but it doesn't change anything.  The map display does not show my flight route.  I don't know what I am doing wrong.

How long are you waiting for them to align?

Did you set the IRS position on the POS INIT page of the CDU?

John Sturm

I am not sure what you mean by setting the irs position on the POS INIT page.  I enter my current postion.  But in the 747, you have to copy the gps coordinates and paste them in the position slot.  That option doesn't show for the 737, at least I have not seen it.

I figured it out.  I did need to enter the gps coord as I did with the 747.  I just didn't look when I set the irs.