Sign in to follow this  
Rob Haynes

New Repaints Not Showing

Hey guys,

While I wait for approval on the Majestic forums, I thought I would ask here.

Last night I tried installing the awesome looking Horizon "WSU" and "ISU" liveries from the library here and they will not show up inside FSX.

I have installed plenty of new textures over my time in FSX and did everything the same as I usually do:

1.) Texture folder moved to main aircraft folder with all of the other textures.

2.) aircraft.cfg file updated with the new information for the repaint

I checked all the data, and it matches all of the other repaint entries (i.e. UI Manufacturer, Model etc.) and they all have different titles/variations and of course the correct texture.

Any ideas why they might not be showing up?

Thanks!

i5-10600K 4.6 gHZ | GTX 970 4GB GDDR5 | MSI MPG Z490 Gaming Plus | G.SKILL 32GB (16 GB x2) DDR4 | Corsair H115i RGB 280mm Cooler | 500 GB SANDISK SSD + 2 TB SATA III

Premier Virtual Airlines
www.premiervirtual.org

There is a flightsim.xx number at the top of each livery's section in the aircraft.cfg.  The "xx" needs to be the next highest number.  So, by default with the q400 you get 19 liveries.  The next one would be 20.  So, the first new paint you add would go in section flightsim.20.  I think that "flightsim" is right?  It may be aircraft.xx.  I can't remember and I'm not at home right now to access my fsx install.  But, hopefully you will know what I mean from this.

Yeah, it's actually fltsim.xx that is used to define each livery's section in aircraft.cfg.  Do you have that numbered correctly?  There can't be any numbers out of sequence.  For example, you can't skip from 19 to 32.  All the entries there need to be in sequential order to see all your paints.

Regards,

Kevin LaMal

"Facts Don't Care About Your Feelings" - Shapiro2024

Only thing I can suggest is copying the previous entry in the aircraft.cfg file, increasing the [fltsim.XX] number by one as Kevin says, then changing the title=, texture, airline and other information specific to that repaint.  It's really easy to make a minor mistake or to leave something out by retyping the entry from scratch, as I've found out many times!

Mike

bUmq4nJ.jpg?2

They are numbered accordingly.  I don't know why I didn't think of C&P the previous, I will give it a try when I get home.

Thanks guys.

i5-10600K 4.6 gHZ | GTX 970 4GB GDDR5 | MSI MPG Z490 Gaming Plus | G.SKILL 32GB (16 GB x2) DDR4 | Corsair H115i RGB 280mm Cooler | 500 GB SANDISK SSD + 2 TB SATA III

Premier Virtual Airlines
www.premiervirtual.org