Sign in to follow this  
too low terrain

fsx-activation-server-finally-dead

Hello peeps. Not the best way of making a first post, but here goes......

I'm not sure if it is just me or if anyone else is having the same problem. After having problems with fsx gold crashing when starting up, I found out that accelation was having issues with some windows update (windows 7 64bit pro). I had to uninstall acceleration, in order to find the problem.

Now that I have removed the windows update that was causing the problem, I've now reinstalled acceleration. All went fine until I fire up fsx. It comes up with the acceleration activation screen, but when I send my key info to the server, I get the message saying that it cannot connect to the server. I've checked my network connection, and checked the activation key that I was send, was correct.

This has been ongoing now for the last couple of days.

I did read the announcement made back in September last year, saying that Microsoft were stopping support for fsx.

Anyone got any ideas knowledge on this?

I did a fresh OS install over the weekend and then installed FSX (not Gold or acceleration, just vinilla FSX + SP1 and 2) and had no issues with online activation. 

- Jordan Jafferjee -

AMD Ryzen 9 7950X3D | Asus X670-E Pro Prime | Gigabyte RTX4080 Eagle | 64G G.Skill Trident Z.5 DDR5-6000 |  Arctic Liquid Freezer II 360 | 2x2TB Samsung 990 Pro NVME | NZXT H7 | Win 11 22H2 | TM Warthog Flight Stick + Throttle | Honeycomb Alpha + Bravo | MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals | Samsung 43" Odyssey Neo G7 | Dell U3415W 

DId you start FSX without acceleration, then activate just FSX.  Shut it down, install acceleration start FSX+Acceleration register the acceleration package?

It's worked for me not two weeks ago.  I'm not even convinced they have a maximum activation limit.

Ian R Tyldesley

" I'm not even convinced they have a maximum activation limit." 

They do have a max amount and the only way around it is to call them no way around it, I think its 3 times and then you are out of luck - I think if you rebuild your machine you might be ok until you exhaust them again but can't remember - huge pain in the you know what  lol

Rich Sennett

Richard's right;   I have had to call MS on a couple of occasions, when activating FSX after I'd changed my PC (or on one occasion my motherboard), and had exceeded the 3 activations.

However, on all occasions, when I have called (which has been from the UK), I have still had an automated voice phone system, that asked for my code, and then said "if you have installed this software on more than 3 computers click 1, if you have installed this software on less than 3 computers, click 2".

I clicked 2 and it gave me an activation code, and I was sorted   :smile:

So, certainly when calling MS from my country for the activation, it doesn't actually involve talking to another human - just an "IVR" (interactive voice response).

They do have a max amount and the only way around it is to call them no way around it, I think its 3 times and then you are out of luck

I've activated my FSX copy at least twice that amount and I've never had to do that... Also I've done it on at least 3 different machines too.

Anyways even if FSX activation servers / the reactivation service number stopped working some day I'm sure there are other ways of getting past it, maybe a bit like the modifications that allow you to use FS9 without having the CD in disc drive all the time.

Then the limit expires or resets.  I have installed FSX probably around 7 times in the last two years or so.

Ian R Tyldesley

I have never loaded more than 3 times without having to go thru the BS 

Rich Sennett

Interesting, i have never had to use that in...what...6 years of using FSX, i have completely replaced my computer around 3 times, replaced hard drives at least twice a year, i always flatten and reinstall at least twice a year in addition to the above.

Ian R Tyldesley

Done the phone call and followed the robo prompts for reset the activation codes it works. If you install it after a while it resets itself

Just did a full reinstall a week ago, no issues with activation.

As well, in total, since 2005, I have reinstalled a dozen times with no activation limit issues.

spacer.png

I've had to uninstall and re-install FSX at least 20 times in the years I've been developing for it, never once had an issue with activation.

Tim Fuchs
Managing Partner
REX SIMULATIONS 

support www.rexaxis.com

Wow just my bum luck I guess Hi yah Timmy lol

Rich Sennett

The thought of having to install FSX and then all of my addons, then tweaking, etc. this many times would cause me a total mental breakdown and then my playing MS Solitaire exclusively.  Glad I have only had to do it about 3 times.

Mark W   CYYZ      

My Simhttps://goo.gl/photos/oic45LSoaHKEgU8E9

My Concorde Tutorial Videos available here:  https://www.youtube.com/user/UPS1000