Sign in to follow this  
too low terrain

fsx-activation-server-finally-dead

Bleeding hell, thanks everyone, didn't really expect any replies this quick!!

Right, I'll see if I can answer all replies (forgive me if I don't).

I've installed fsx gold multiple times onto the same computer, so as long as Microsoft are true on what they say about limitless activations on the same computer, as others say here, I don't think that is the problem, but thanks for the suggestion anyway.

Hmmm, I did think about the phone activation, I'll bear that one in mind.

Because I only uninstalled acceleration, and not fsx, I've got this awful feeling that I'm gonna have to a complete uninstall, and reinstall the whole again. I really have fogotten how many times I've done this over the years (it's bloody hurting now)!!

It's annoying that when I uninstalled acceration, I did run fsx, then run the fsx disks to do a repair. I thought that by doing this, I would reset fsx back to pre acceleration - got that one wrong!

I've currently got SP1 & 2 installed, so fsx works fine (I just need acceration to get full use out of the vrs superbug.

I think that you have answered my question about the server, so now I know that it is not the problem.

So enough of my dribble. Thanks eveyone for your contributions, I really mean it.

Don't suppose anyone is willing to reinstall everything for m,e eh? lol

Don't suppose anyone is willing to reinstall everything for m,e eh? lol

If you are close to Romford Essex then yes no problem.

AMD Ryzen 7 3700X 4.2 32 gig ram, Nvidia RTX3060 12 gig, Intel 760 SSD M2 NVMe 512 gig, M2NVMe 1Tbt (OS) M2NVMe 2Tbt (MSFS) Crucial MX500 SSD (Backup OS). VR Oculus Quest 2

YouTube:- https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC96wsF3D_h5GzNNJnuDH3WQ   ProATC/SR and BATC FB Group:- https://www.facebook.com/groups/1571953959750565

Flight Simulator First Officer User Group:- https://www.facebook.com/groups/564880128522788 ProATC/SR and Flight Sim First Officer (FSFO) Beta tester

Reality Is For People Who Can't Handle Simulation!

I had to reinstall FSX 4 times in the past two months (because of me accidentally messing with the files and a couple of formats), and one time I did experience an error where the activation screen got stuck forever. But all the other times went fluidly.

I don't understand the 3 activation limit. I've activated FSX Deluxe with the same key more than 20 times since 2006.

@ SieraHotel. I just live just over the other side of the Thames estuary in Kent :P . Not sure if you were being serious or not, but it's o.k, I was only joking about someone else reinstalling for me. Done it soo many times, I must be a veteran by now!! :lol:

@ ChaoticBeauty. Yeah, the 3 activation limit only applies if you change your whole PC, or change any internal component inside your computer i.e; CPU, Motherboard etc. I've been down that road myself!! :unsure:

Thanks again to everyone whose made a contribution to this thread. It's good to know that there is great support on this forum.

Further to my previous post, I will do a full fsx uninstall this weekend - then try to reinstall fsx & acceleration. I'll throw in post to let everyone know how that went.

Have a good one till then peeps!

@ ChaoticBeauty. Yeah, the 3 activation limit only applies if you change your whole PC, or change any internal component inside your computer i.e; CPU, Motherboard etc. I've been down that road myself!! :unsure:

I wasn't aware of this. I've activated FSX Deluxe on 3 computers so far. So if I get a new PC, I won't be able to activate it?

The initial activation of FSX reads the BIOS on the motherboard and then gives you limitless activation on that motherboard.  As with most Microsoft past products you may also be able to install on more than one machine to a 2 or 3 limit. (New Motherboards)

As to the original request.  When you uninstall Accelerator you must do it using the Accelerator install disk (Not control panel) as the disk knows where all the registry entries are.  As is the same if you uninstall FSX (use the disc).

If the MS activation server were to cease then there would be an alternative announced by MS which we would all know about.  But I do not think that would happen..  

Oh and for Europe the help line is based in Dublin Ireland..

Hope this little input helps..  :smile:

James (jaydor)

"Let me X-Plane where I fly in 2020"

I have installed FSX on four different PCs - two desktops and two laptops - and never has to request activation.

Incidentally, my FSX Acceleration EULA  in ..\Fliight Simulator X\Eula.html reads

b.    Portable DeviceYou may install another copy on a portable device for use by the single primary user of the licensed device.

@James (jaydor). Thanks for your post.  Although I have pretty much built new computers over & over again, I don't think that I have changed my Motherboard more than 3 times - other components such as CPU, Memory, Hard Drives and Graphics Card, well, I've certainly changed them. Please correct me if I'm wrong, but doesn't the fsx activation system look at your bios, to see the other internal components? I'm probably mistaken, but I thought that the activation was looking at your hardware configuration?

When it comes to uninstalling either fsx or acceleration, I always do that from the disks. I've learnt my mistake about uninstalling some software from the control panel - rare that it happens, but has. :unsure:

I think where my problem lies, is with the multiple install/ uninstall of acceleration, when I was trying to find out what was causing fsx to ctd. My guess is, something got screwed up.

Thanks again for your post James, I do appreciate it. :smile2:

@ Gerry (mgh). I'm quite suprised that you have never been asked to activate any of your installs. I take it that you are not using a cracked version? :blink:

The initial activation of FSX reads the BIOS on the motherboard and then gives you limitless activation on that motherboard.  As with most Microsoft past products you may also be able to install on more than one machine to a 2 or 3 limit. (New Motherboards)

As to the original request.  When you uninstall Accelerator you must do it using the Accelerator install disk (Not control panel) as the disk knows where all the registry entries are.  As is the same if you uninstall FSX (use the disc).

If the MS activation server were to cease then there would be an alternative announced by MS which we would all know about.  But I do not think that would happen..  

Oh and for Europe the help line is based in Dublin Ireland..

Hope this little input helps..  :smile:

I have done multiple deletes and installs over the years and never had any problem using the control panel to uninstall. Reactivation was never an issue.

Have also done a dozens of reinstalls, changed mobo, other hardware reinstalled Windows etc. I never had to call Microsoft to get it activated, it just connects and register everytime..

@ Gerry (mgh). I'm quite suprised that you have never been asked to activate any of your installs. I take it that you are not using a cracked version?

No. I still use my original DVDs. All I ever had to was to re-activate using the serial numbers.

o.k  peeps, just to give an update as promised. I couldn't be arsed waiting for for the weekend, so I went ahead and reinstalled now. 

Bottom line here is; both fsx & acceleration installed & activated with no problems.

Seems something did go belly up when trying to find the fault with windows updates & acceleration. Well, I say acceleration - it was SP2 to be more precise.

Still don't know why I was getting a server error message when trying to activate acceleration. Bloody computers ( and operators, in my case), eh? :blush:

Well, as the old saying goes.. 'if it ant broke, don't fix it' - something to bear in mind with windows updates, for me at least!!

So, problem solved, and definate proof that the Microsoft activation server is still going............. for now :blink:

Just hope I didn't spread any panic amongst the ranks with the title of this thread :blush:

On one occasion I couldn't immediately connect to the serve the first time. I simply waited a few minutes and tried again successfully.

I have reinstalked fsx dozens of times, i mean dozens and jot had to phone them yet.

I have hadvit where it said activation not successful, but after half an hour flyng around i can activate it

I have reinstalked fsx arpund 20 times (no joke btw) and not had to phone them yet.

I have had it where it said activation not successful, but after half an hour flyng around i can activate it

I have reinstalked fsx arpund 20 times (no joke btw) and not had to phone them yet.

I have had it where it said activation not successful, but after half an hour flyng around i can activate it