Sign in to follow this  
Dragonmount

FSPassengers question?

Brian,

I am on the FSCaptain dev team - Dutch is the coder though.   I do cheerleading, support, wacky ideas, and can write an XML interface.

I finally posted a document to our file sharing area that attempts to detail the steps needed to collect data for these interfaces.  If there are any PMDG Trip7 owners who can run LINDA or some other LVar watching tool and would like to gather data for me to start on an interface, I'd be more than welcome to pitch in.

Oliver, FSCamp,

Thanks for the kind words and thoughts!  If there's anything we can do to make FSCaptain better for you, please let us know.

I find I spend more time in an engineering role than I am as a Captain.  It's all fun though, and it beats real work.  :lol:

AivlaSoftEfbDeveloper.png

Sig1.jpg

(Each product functions in a fully-functional trial mode for interested users.)

Still on the fence for FSCaptain.    I had to go through hell to get FSPassenger running right with all gauges active in PMDG with FS2Crew running due to Window panel limits.   I see that FSCaptain can export data to Virtual Airlines which is what I use FSPassenger for mostly, which is a key selling point for me.   FSCaptain looks like it has greatness in it but I would be sad to see some features go if I made the switch that I just like in FSPassenger.   I am a button pusher.  I love pushing buttons!   I like controlling the seat belt lights, saying when it's time to feed the peoples and that service giving buffs to the happiness meter.    I saw an ad or praise for FSCaptain that basically said, "Do your job and let the flight crew do theirs" but I like bossing them around.  XD    Does FSCaptain have that feature where feeding/issuing drinks to passengers affects their mood?   Does it follow and track all procedures and penalize you accordingly for failing to adhere to them?   Does is have Adrian, my favorite flight attendant to use in FSPassenger.   Her safety demonstration speech cracks me up everytime.  

Before someone yells, "Try the Demo!"    I have the demo.  I have not started it yet.  I want to hear from those who already have done the demo or are using it full time.   I will give it a spin this weekend.

100454.png
Captain K-Man FlightBlog Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCulqmz0zmIMuAzJvDAZPkWQ  //  Streaming on YouTube most Wednesdays and Fridays @ 6pm CST

Brian Navy

Hopefully (cross fingers)  by this weekend the beta of the "gaugeless" FCDU application that runs on your desktop outside FSX will be available for download.  It can be installed into the current 1.4.5 release, and of course will be free like all FSCaptain upgrades.  (It only works for FSX not FS9 because it uses SimConnect.)

We'll let everyone at AvSim know with a note on the FSX forum here.  I have talked to many folks who have been waiting for this to try it out.  It will work with an unregistered FSCaptain too of course so as always, you can try before you buy.

Dutch

Charles "Dutch" Owen - Developer at Military Visualizations - currently working on the C310R and SR-71A project for MSFS.

"gaugeless" FCDU

Wow great news, though a part of me will miss the juggling between FS2Crew and FSCaptain in more complex aircraft.

Seriously, once the idiosyncratic gauge installation has been resolved, FSCaptain will be an amazing product, i don't fly with it now.

Does FSCaptain have that feature where feeding/issuing drinks to passengers affects their mood?

Yes...well sort of, you can control the cabin service should you choose.  It does affect your final score, FSCaptain doesn't have the same 'on the fly' happiness meter that FSP has.

Does it follow and track all procedures and penalize you accordingly for failing to adhere to them?

Yes, pretty much the same as FSP, more penalties here and there and of course you can choose to disable them.

Does is have Adrian, my favorite flight attendant to use in FSPassenger.   Her safety demonstration speech cracks me up everytime.

I would guess not...you can create your own voice pack, i dare say you can import the sound files from FSP, i don't know this however.  I really didn't like the 'humorous' cabin crews in FSP, it's funny the first time, then it just grates.

Honestly, the only thing missing are the economic aspects of FSP and I at least, don't miss that one bit.

Ian R Tyldesley

Hopefully (cross fingers)  by this weekend the beta of the "gaugeless" FCDU application that runs on your desktop outside FSX will be available for download.  It can be installed into the current 1.4.5 release, and of course will be free like all FSCaptain upgrades.  (It only works for FSX not FS9 because it uses SimConnect.)

We'll let everyone at AvSim know with a note on the FSX forum here.  I have talked to many folks who have been waiting for this to try it out.  It will work with an unregistered FSCaptain too of course so as always, you can try before you buy.

Dutch

Hey.. the man himself!  Wow this is great news.. for sure.. 

This does work even with small single engine piston a/c as well?  I like to do charters, etc.  C210, C206, C172, some light twins. etc.. I'm sure it plays nice with this style of play?

Ciao!

I highly recommend FsCaptain!!!  PLUS it's on sale right now at PCaviator for 50% off....only $19.47....great buy!!!

Oh really?! :O I bought it 2 days ago on FS pilotshop! (~39$) , What a chance!

No problem , hope be little extra support for its nice dev team. :smile:

his does work even with small single engine piston a/c as well?  I like to do charters, etc.  C210, C206, C172, some light twins. etc.. I'm sure it plays nice with this style of play?

Yes, i was using the A2A 172 for flying around, not even scheduling flights, just use the (very attractive) FCDU and pick an airport, you can even use the same airport just fly around for a while then land, it really is very flexible.

Ian R Tyldesley

Dutch

How does this benefit people that play in Fullscreen and not Window Mode?  I'll never see the gauge as I hate flying in window mode.   Wish there was a Fullscreen-Window mode so i could get rid of the borders and taskbar while getting that few frames of extra love out of the game for being in window mode, something I STILL don't understand.   It makes no sense to me that you get better performance in a window then in full screen.   It's only a few pixels less than full screen yet the performance boost can be immense.

Wow great news, though a part of me will miss the juggling between FS2Crew and FSCaptain in more complex aircraft.

Seriously, once the idiosyncratic gauge installation has been resolved, FSCaptain will be an amazing product, i don't fly with it now.

Yes...well sort of, you can control the cabin service should you choose.  It does affect your final score, FSCaptain doesn't have the same 'on the fly' happiness meter that FSP has.

Yes, pretty much the same as FSP, more penalties here and there and of course you can choose to disable them.

I would guess not...you can create your own voice pack, i dare say you can import the sound files from FSP, i don't know this however.  I really didn't like the 'humorous' cabin crews in FSP, it's funny the first time, then it just grates.

Honestly, the only thing missing are the economic aspects of FSP and I at least, don't miss that one bit.

Ahhhhh.. T_T  Sadness.   See I like actually running the business side of things too.. having to maintain the aircraft in your fleet, fix damages and buying more and more planes and hiring more and more pilots to make more and more money.    Everything else is good news above though.

100454.png
Captain K-Man FlightBlog Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCulqmz0zmIMuAzJvDAZPkWQ  //  Streaming on YouTube most Wednesdays and Fridays @ 6pm CST

Brian Navy

Yes, i was using the A2A 172 for flying around, not even scheduling flights, just use the (very attractive) FCDU and pick an airport, you can even use the same airport just fly around for a while then land, it really is very flexible.

Oh that is great!  This way you can simulate airplane rides as well as local "flightseeing"  nice..

... or, alternatively, create your own GA "hub" from the FS Captain Administrator and let it suggest flights from/to that "hub" to your liking: You can define flight distance, runway length and a couple of things more.

ahh.. no kidding.. so I can choose KBFI and say anything within 50nm from that? and it will tell me where to fly within those boundaries?  wow... that is perfect.  I can run my own financial stuff from a spreadsheet if I want.

Ciao!

How does this benefit people that play in Fullscreen and not Window Mode?  I'll never see the gauge as I hate flying in window mode.   Wish there was a Fullscreen-Window mode so i could get rid of the borders and taskbar while getting that few frames of extra love out of the game for being in window mode, something I STILL don't understand.   It makes no sense to me that you get better performance in a window then in full screen.   It's only a few pixels less than full screen yet the performance boost can be immense.

You would be able to network the ACARS to another PC.

If someone doesn't have another PC and has to fly fullscreen for their best performance, then using a gauge would be the way to go.  However if you can network or if windowed mode gives you good performance then this would be an option for you.  That's a key driver for us at ACME Airlines (aka FSCaptain)... options.  :rolleyes:

I'm currently flying in Window mode, but full-screen in that I auto hide my taskbar.  I may shift back to actual fullscreen later as I've not yet done a performance comparison.....

Leaving the topic and speaking solely about performance, I strongly feel everyone should try all options on their own PC first rather than simply think {this} is better than {that}.   Fullscreen might give me better performance or not.  It might be the opposite for you.  Etc.

AivlaSoftEfbDeveloper.png

Sig1.jpg

(Each product functions in a fully-functional trial mode for interested users.)

mmm.. what you guys really need to come up with is an ipad app that would allow me to run it through there!  now THAT would take first prize!

I'm no programmer by any stretch of the imagination but can't you do something where it would show up in FSX fullscreen mode?  I've seen others do this.. something where it would be accessible by the FSX menus.

Ciao!