Sign in to follow this  
Viennaman

acceleration pack

Hi,

i am switching finally from FS9 to FSX. Have the Professional edtion.

what shall install now. SP1, SP2 , SP3 ?

Acceleration pack ?

Tks M

The Acceleration Disk includes SP1and SP2 + additional features. SP1 and SP2 not allowed with Acceleration. There is no SP3.

Dave

FSX + SP1 +SP2. But don't just install all of them without pause to restart PC. There are some important steps(like SDK installation) for FSX to avoid future problems. Here is described well: http://www.simforums.com/forums/topic29041.html Just scroll down to "fsx installation"

Theoretically, fsx + sp1 +sp2 and fsx + acceleration should be the same. I have tested that, and they are not. It's your choice, but i was able to get better performance and stability with FSX + SP1 + SP2. 

You'll hear many different opinions. One namely that acceleration is the most stable of all possible install combos. For what it's worth I left it out on my last reinstall.

Install FSX and activate.

Run FSX and enter a flight.

Exit,

Install Acceleration and activate.

Run FSX and tweak.

I get a lot of answers from you guys but nobody could tell me exactly what is better - FSX plus SP1 and SP2 or FSX with acceleration.

I just want the most stable system with the best performance. So what shall chose ?

Marek

The problem might be that there's not really a best solution for most anything in FS, just opinions and experiences of some, which are very often contradicted by others...

If you already own ACC, I'd suggest you to install it, because it's easier than installing SP1 and SP2, but if you don't have it I don't think it's really necessary unless of course you're into fighters, as most fight addons will require some features of the Acceleration pack (and I think it has some other more advanced features, too).

Apart from the above, I second what Jim said.