Sign in to follow this  
jcomm

The Weather IS FINE! Inject it now.....

As a long time beta-tester for a well known weather generator for the MSFS and derived simulation platforms I have been waiting some more activity on this area, but I've seen just a few developers showing that they are considering a version of their weather generators / injectors for X-Plane10.

One of the main problems can well be the fact that there being no direct easy way to program certain features they use on their MSFS products, they are somehow "scared" by the techniques they might have to develop in order to inject weather into XP10.

Fact is, weather by default is very powerful in XPlane10, and one of the big advantages of this simulator is that they wouldn't have to spend so much energy in bringing to the simulator effects that are already there.

The way X-Plane10 on the latest versions parses METAR or user-defined weather paterns and generates weather accordingly in the sim sessions is rather complex and sophisticated, and the outcome is very good and gives already all of the effects that, on MSFS, required a lot of stone braking and imagination (and even with all of that, can't come close to what XP10 weather effects offer).

Yes the cloud variety could get better, but for instance I personally do not feel the need for any sort of movement given the complexity that a cloud in XP10 represents in terms of computing power requiered when compared to an MSFS cloud. I'd rather keep wat I already have and eventually make it even better in terms of simulated effects than give up on that for a bit of graphics sugar with moving cloud systems...

What is required is basically to be able to set winds aloft. Temperatures aloft can also be set, but as far as I can figure, the algorithm used for that would not be the most ellegant... If Austin could spend some time on the XP10 weather code and allow for non-isa temperature variations, that would be great. I'm not askig for saturated and dry adiabatic lapse rates, but simply for some sort of fixed adiabatic lapse rate that we can set in order to get the desired temperature at a given altitude without having to do magic with the sea-level / surface temperature at that place...

Before I - stupidly - decided to give up on XP10 a few months ago, Austin had asked me to remind him of this stuff when things got more stable with the 64-bit migration and other priority aspects of the XP10 roadmap. I'll get back to him and email some suggestions :-)

As a glider pilot I would like to see have, at least, canted thermal columns - they're vertical like a a cilinder, no matter what wind direction and intensity is blowing around them... 

The effects of icing, while much more detailled in XP10, still need some adjustment because as you probably already found by the worst reasons, ice accumulation is a function of your aircraft weight, and not of it's area!!! In a b744 the ice will accumulate at an insane (to use Austin's words...) rate :-), compared to that of a Cessna...

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

Might have to do with where you are in the world ...so far no joy in mine.

Yes Geofa, but you're referring to the "looks", probably not the "feels" / effects", which I am almost sure you'll agree are very good already :-)

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Feel not so good if looks not there...

:lol:  Yep, but I believe the 3pds may well help in that area....

Main Simulation Rig:

Well, I keep my fingers crossed and really hope Tim at Rex Studios meant it when he said, "we're very interested in X-Plane 10". :smile:

Whow!  It's going to be a Global injection!!!!!

Main Simulation Rig:

Yep, but I believe the 3pds may well help in that area....
[

quote name=FIVE-BY-FIVE' timestamp='1370704548' post='2689403]
I agree with JC, weather in XPX is fine, please Inject us

FS Global Real Weather is going to inject us

Whow! It's going to be a Global injection!!!!!

:He He:  :rofl:

Wait,,,What is gonna inject us here....oh the weather ^_^

FS Global Real Weather :yahoo: is going to inject us :lol:

Has anyone tried this weather engine yet.  I seeing some pretty good comments on it.  

I emailed the developer (Pilots) and they say that if you own the FSX-FS9-P3D version of it, then the XPX/64 version will be free when it is released.

I may buy it just to see what it is like in FSX. Of course, then I would have to actually use FSX again some.

I like it alot this FS GLobal weather, it has some intresting "local weather effects" that I haven't seen in other engines.. B) And if you have good info on how the weather conditions are on a airport you know you can send a request to the devs and get them added to try to simulate something similar to what it would be in real live .e.g mouintain that can create turb and windshear gusts on finals and stuff under certain wind directions.. I love this effect.

FS Global Real Weather :yahoo: is going to inject us :lol:

Has anyone tried this weather engine yet. I seeing some pretty good comments on it.

I emailed the developer (Pilots) and they say that if you own the FSX-FS9-P3D version of it, then the XPX/64 version will be free when it is released.

I may buy it just to see what it is like in FSX. Of course, then I would have to actually use FSX again some.

I have used the demo for FSX and FS9 and it us very good. If it came out for XPX I would buy it instantly.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk 2

Ark

--------------------------

I9 9900K @ 5ghz / 32GB G.Skill (Samsung B) / Aorus Master Mobo / EVGA GTX 2080Ti FTW 3