Sign in to follow this  
Cruachan

More frequently since the FS9 patch.....

I use the FSGenesis 38.2 mesh. Software wise, I am using XP Home SP2, DirectX9.0c and the ATI Radeon 4.9 drivers with no apparent issues.Before the FS9 patch, I would occasionally have instances of white lines or polygons appearing on distant terrain.Since installing the patch, this seems to much more frequent. I have already adjusted Terrain_Max_Vertex_Levels to 21 per numerous posts. Is there another tweak to fs9.cfg or elsewhere that is needed now?Thanks,

Hi Steve,"I use the FSGenesis 38.2 mesh. Software wise, I am using XP Home SP2, DirectX9.0c and the ATI Radeon 4.9 drivers with no apparent issues.""Before the FS9 patch, I would occasionally have instances of white lines or polygons appearing on distant terrain."...my experience suggests this observation is par for the course. If it really upsets you, try reducing your visibility distance."Since installing the patch, this seems to much more frequent. I have already adjusted Terrain_Max_Vertex_Levels to 21 per numerous posts. Is there another tweak to fs9.cfg or elsewhere that is needed now?"........adjusting TMVL to 21 is only really appropriate if you wish to see all the bells and whistles while flying over 19m mesh, should you have it installed. If the mesh is in fact 76m or 38m then you are likely to see some graphic anomalies.I get around the problem by having 3x .cfg files, viz. fs9.cfg (TMVL=19), fs9_LOD10.CFG (TMVL=20) and fs9_LOD11.CFG (TMVL=21). Files 2 and 3 are in the FS9 root folder and all three are called by FSAutoStart (Ken Salter's brilliant utility) following selection of one of three user created Profiles.For example: D:Program FilesMicrosoft GamesFlight Simulator 9fs9.exe /CFG:fs9_LOD10.cfg Your choice of Profile will be determined by the terrain installation you wish to fly over. Works a treat and saves all the fiddling around with fs9.cfg and the repeated overwrites which can so readily lead to degradation of this file and FS's ability to scan it efficiently.MikeP4 2.4GHz (400FSB), 1Gig PC2100 DDR Crucial, ATI Radeon 9800 Pro 128MB (Omega 2.5.90), SB Audigy (5.12.0001.0443), Hyundai ImageQuest Q17 17" TFT LCD 20ms Monitor (1280x1024x32), Gigabyte GA-8IRXP MoBo, Ultra-Quiet PSU 400W, WinXP Home (SP2), DirectX 9.0c, AGP Aperture = 128MB

Mike,Thanks - especially since I didn't know how to use profiles (with or without Autostart)!I agree that Ken's FSAutoStart is brilliant and hope that all readers of this post will at least try it.Steve

I must say I found FSAutostart rather obscure. Probably just me though - perhaps if there was an idiots guide on how to use it I would give it another try.Bruce

Bruce Bartlett

Frodo: "I wish none of this had happened." Gandalf: "So do all who live to see such times, but that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us."