Sign in to follow this  
KLBI

A very annoying problem - pink smoke

So I've been simming for about 8 years now and I have ran into a problem that I can't seem to fix. Ever since about 2 months ago, all of my black/grey smoke effects coming from all of my aircraft has turned pink. It's not a display issue as I have my colors set to x32 and my display properly calibrated. Does anybody have any idea at what mught be causing this? Here are some screens

th_pinksmoke3_zpsf8c1b391.png

th_pinksmoke2_zps8957ab8b.png

th_pinksmoke4_zpsc1a4fff7.png

I know what is the problem, but i don't know how you can fix that in FS9.

You need to reapir your fs9 gauges/effects. There is a excelent tool for that, but only for FSX. 

Here is the link: http://www.rikoooo.com/en/downloads/viewdownload/8/256

I posted the link so you can see the explanation, and maybe you can find a solution when you know what is the problem. Do you have a backup maybe of your fs9? I think you need only "effects" folder. If you can find that, just copy/paste to your fs9 main folder/effects

I know what is the problem, but i don't know how you can fix that in FS9.

You need to reapir your fs9 gauges/effects. There is a excelent tool for that, but only for FSX. 

Here is the link: http://www.rikoooo.com/en/downloads/viewdownload/8/256

I posted the link so you can see the explanation, and maybe you can find a solution when you know what is the problem. Do you have a backup maybe of your fs9? I think you need only "effects" folder. If you can find that, just copy/paste to your fs9 main folder/effects

I just finished up extracting and replacing the effects folder off the discs along with gauges and textures just to be sure and my aircraft are all still emmiting pink. Pretty strange that it didn't fix the problem as I'm sure the actual effect file being used is a default one.

That's really strange, i had this in fsx some time ago and i fixed it with "Gauges Recovery"... I'm still thinking, do you have some modified shaders, modes or something like that? SwetFX, shade, enb or anything else that could change colors in fs9? 

That's really strange, i had this in fsx some time ago and i fixed it with "Gauges Recovery"... I'm still thinking, do you have some modified shaders, modes or something like that? SwetFX, shade, enb or anything else that could change colors in fs9? 

I don't think I have anything like that. Is there a way I can check?

For ENB, check if you have "d3d9.dll" and "enbseries" in your main FSX folder. I don't know about swetfx becouse i never tried it. 

Anyway, any of this "modes" can be there only if you have installed that. 

But this is strange, all other colors are normal, like before?

I don't have either of those files anywhere on my computer. All of my other colors are exactly the same. The only thing changed is the smoke.