Sign in to follow this  
baldk9

Heading differences

I asked this question after purchasing one of my first Carenado aircraft, and never received a satisfactory answer. Right now I am flying the Baron on an IFR flight plan. The A/P will not fly the exact GPS flight plan and the difference  between the proper heading and the one I adjusted to fly the correct heading is 70 deg. Now this situation is not isolated to the Baron but throughout the Carenado fleet. It does not happen all the time, but if the aircraft is flying properly and I have a stop over and attempt to fly another leg the problem appears.This is not automatic adjustment for window conditions as someone suggested before, but appears to be a fundamental problem built into the Carenado programming. Does anyone have similar problems? Or any suggestions to rectify the issues?

Richard Spencer

Churchill

PVT SEL

GYSGT

USMC (ret)

Hi Richard,

I got my self used to press "D" to correct the drift when lined up to the Runway, a step I normally IRL do by "screwing in" the HSI in that state of flight.

I don´t know what causes the difference in the sim, in my experience it is NOT ONLY Carenado related ... it happens to various other payware addons in my hangar too from time to time.

It also occurs in Glass cockpit gauges like the TBM´s!

Disabling the compass-gyro-drift in FSX did NOT help in my case, it still occurs.

Hope this helps a bit!

Thanks Andy I'll give it a try

Richard Spencer

Churchill

PVT SEL

GYSGT

USMC (ret)