Sign in to follow this  
Viennaman

Is this system enough for good FSX performance

Hi,

i have such system - for fs9 it was perfectly fine.

Is this enough if i want perfect flawless FSX performance.

tks Marek

Windows 7 Enterprise
 Intel Core i7 CPU 860@2.8 GHz
RAM 12 GB
Windows 64 Bit
>> Graficcard NVIDA GeForce Gtx 260

I think you know the answer..  it will run FSX, but certainly not with flawless performance.

There is a hardware forum here at Avsim where you can explore this in much more detail.

Bert

No chance OP, both processor and GPU is way too weak to run FSX with medium to high performance.

23.png

Sure, you can probably run a default version of FSX with all sliders maxed with it, but be careful with real weather or the tokyo mission, LOL

There is no such thing as perfect flawless perfection with running FSX, Unlike FS9 there are just way to many variables that can bring down your perfoemance, your settings, real weather, autogen density (which you can increase outside of the sliders), road traffic levels, etc. This is just the default FSX, then you get to all the performance killing addons which so many can't live without and these are what really bring down performance, big airport hubs with tons of addon AI, non optimized addon aircraft and scenery with to many polys and textures which use as much memory as the entire game itself, you get the picture. You really need to pay attention to your settings and what you add to your sim with FSX.

It is entirely feasible to have a perfect flawless experience with FSX (depending on your expectations) you just have to use common sense.

BTW is you were happy with FS9, why switch?

Best, Michael

KDFW

dont know why i am switching to FSX. Maybe because 777 PMDG will come out soon and i enjoy the PMDG products.

Plus, since i had to reinstall FS9 on my computer, i have problems with the external view and nobody can help me. Can anybody help with fro you guys using teamviewer.

i am a cardiac surgeon . not a PC pro.

tks

Marek

You PC will run FSX beautifully. Don't get carried away by guys here who are stack with the fps issue. My machine. win 7 Inter core quad CPU 6600 2,4 Ghz 6GB ram runs FSX fine

stelios

Stelios Christofides

Beauty is In the eye of the beholder...

You certainly won't get "flawless" performance with a 2.8ghz CPU.

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

Sorry, but "flawless" performance in FSX! lol

Intel i7 10700K | Asus Maximus XII Hero | Asus TUF RTX 3090 | 32GB HyperX Fury 3200 DDR4 | 1TB Samsung M.2 (W11) | 2TB Samsung M.2 (MSFS2020) | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 280mm AIO | 43" Samsung Q90B | 27" Asus Monitor

A lot of smart answers but nothing specific so far. PLease tell me what hardware components i have to add to my computer so i can enjoy flying PMDG prdoucts with add ons like airports, AES, realistic weather. Thats all i need.

Tks M

Marek

You PC will run FSX beautifully. Don't get carried away by guys here who are stack with the fps issue. My machine. win 7 Inter core quad CPU 6600 2,4 Ghz 6GB ram runs FSX fine

stelios

Spot on. I'm amazed at some of the answers I'm reading. My system is pretty much the same as yours, except for 4GB RAM and Vista 32-bit, so it's actually even lower-end.

Of course, it would help if the OP had defined "flawless". I get performance I'm happy with, but then I wouldn't be trying to fly the PMDG 737 with it either and I've cut my cloth according to my measure in terms of settings (but far from drastically).

Having said all that, if I was upgrading my system tomorrow, I'd be aiming higher with the processor clock speed. The graphics card I'm less sure about since its not the primary concern performance wise although my understanding is that a weak graphics card can still bottleneck performance.

Marek

stelios

+1, my sytem's lower than yours, plus it's a notebook (there are lots of people who say that FSX doesn't run well on laptops, here), and yet I enjoy FSX very much with decent performance and lots of addons, so I'm pretty sure your setup will work fine as well.

Your setup will run FSX just fine. I just came off of a 2.8 pentinum, and that chip could run fsx with carenado planes at 20fps. If you can overclock your processor just a little, I would. It will get you much better performance.