Sign in to follow this  
Viennaman

Is this system enough for good FSX performance

FLorian - where r u located ?

Coming form Vienna, but university forces me to be in Leoben most of the time :rolleyes:

I have same processor. Buying a better cooler and getting it unlocked by somebody at my local computer store made a big difference ( it goes up to 3800 sometimes) I don't know how he did it. He played with the Bios for a minute or two and voila. It's like I bought a completely new system. Smooth at most big pay ware airports with 60% AI traffic (14 to 25 fps) at smaller airports easily between 20 and 35. Unlocking my fr gave me a sizable increase as well.

So FLorian,

are you sometimes in VIenna ? Would be more than delighted to invite you for coffee so you could really consult me on that topic as i am going CRAZY !!!!!! I am a cardiac surgeon at the AKH - so a complete PS moron.

PLease tell me what hardware components i have to add to my computer so i can enjoy flying PMDG prdoucts with add ons like airports, AES, realistic weather.

Are you also intending to add a realistic AI package? If so, then you will almost certainly need a significantly more powerful CPU.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Can your system run FSX? Well, I have an Intel Core 2 Duo E72000 @ 2.53 GHz and get 40-60 FPS with above medium settings (Autogen is on medium, most other scenery settings at max, but no AI traffic). Anything is possible. :P

Brandon Filer

if you have the resources, buy a top of the line alienware computer. All you have to do is plug and play and forget about wasting time building computers. I bought mine for $3200 and it has a first class warranty which you can extend for multiple years. Here is a video of alienware performance in NYC with PMDG..

Can your system run FSX? Well, I have an Intel Core 2 Duo E72000 @ 2.53 GHz and get 40-60 FPS with above medium settings (Autogen is on medium, most other scenery settings at max, but no AI traffic). Anything is possible. :P

Well my current system is alike yours but lately FSX got extremely choppy. I didn't fly for very long but I don't remember that it was alike before...That's one of the reasons why I'll finally update my 5y old PC to a de lid and overclocked Haswell.

Huascar what NYC scenery is that?

FSX will do everything it can to mess up your performance. The only way to defeat it is by injecting speed to your computer (fast processor). If you love FSX and want to truly enjoy it, invest in a good computer. Anything below 3.0GHZ will be very choppy, especially flying into a major airport and/or city.