Sign in to follow this  
martinlest2

Can the 767 Panel be merged into Posky/iFDG 767s?

After searching AVSIM and Googling for half an hour or so, I have come to a dead end with broken links or posts with inconclusive answers. So can I ask again afresh?

I have a number of 767-200s from iFDG & Posky and would like to use the Level-D panel with those aircraft. Has anyone got instructions on how to do this? I assume it is possible? I have done this with other aircraft (a320s; 747-200s etc.) with no problem and maybe can do it again with the 767s by trial and error, but clearly better to have proper instructions!

Many thanks,

Martin

Hi, Martin,

I've merged the Opensky 767-200 by doing the following, using the Opensky Aircraft.cfg file.  Should also work with Skyspirit as well.  Haven't tried it with IFDG.

1)  In the aircraft.cfg file, change "elevator_trim_limit=" (under [airplane_geometry]) to 12.2 (mine was set to 16.0).  12.2 is the Level-D value.  This should fix an elevator trim problem where the trim goes to maximum and then becomes unadjustable.

2)  Copy the Level-D air file, B767-300.air, from the Level-D folder, into your Opensky 762 folder.  In the Aircraft.cfg file, for each aircraft entry change "sim= xxx" to "sim=B767-300".  This is necessary to make VNAV work.  No guarantee that it will be right on the numbers, but it should work.  Of course you will not be able to rely on the FMC for Vspeeds or approach speeds.

Mike

P.S.: This also works with the Opensky 767-400 (although in real life a -400 is closer to a 777 panel than to a -300).

bUmq4nJ.jpg?2

Thanks Mike. Yes, that was fairly straight forward - thanks especially though for the less-than-obvious elevator trim information.

It seems to work just fine. I started from cold & dark on the runway, 'fired up' as usual, set the FMC and so on and took off. The only thing at the first few attempts was the excessive climb rate when I set VNAV - over 6000ft/min, but having tweaked the jet_scalar value in the aircraft.cfg file this seems to have cleared up.

Will experiment quite a bit more of course - early days yet, but the iFDG 767 I used as a test seems a success so far.

Martin

The only thing at the first few attempts was the excessive climb rate when I set VNAV - over 6000ft/min, but having tweaked the jet_scalar value in the aircraft.cfg file this seems to have cleared up.

Martin, glad it worked out!

I'm not familiar with the IFDG Aircraft.cfg file but+ I wouldn't change a value like "jet_scalar"  at this point.  You might find that the engines are too weak at cruise altitude.  I would make sure the engine thrust and empty weight are correct, and that the aircraft is pretty heavily loaded.  See if that slows it down.  I didn't have an excessive climb problem when I merged the Opensky -200 with Level-D.

Curious to know how it work out!

Mike

bUmq4nJ.jpg?2

The a/c flies fine now with the jet_scalar value set at 1.00 (it was 1.4), VNAV works as in the Level-D

I looked at a few IFDG aircraft.cfg files in Zipdive on Avsim and they are all  set to 1.0, so that looks like it is the correct value.  1.4 X static_thrust would turn it into a rocket!

Mike

bUmq4nJ.jpg?2

Yes, I noticed when I took off and was at 250KIAS before I could do anything about it. Better now!