Sign in to follow this  
FIVE-BY-FIVE

FS Global Real Weather coming to XPLANE 10

" FS Global Real Weather is a fast loading, easy to use, weather engine for Microsoft Flight Simulator X, Flight Simulator 2004 (from V1.7) and Lockheed Martins Prepar3D. We are planning to support X-Plane in the near future."

:Party:  :Love:  :yahoo:  :clapping: 

http://www.fly2pilots.com/Cms/Ui/Pages/Products/MainPage.aspx?id=253b8b5c-0a91-4935-8d01-b3c70aee6034

OVERVIEW
FS Global Real Weather is a fast loading, easy to use, weather engine for Microsoft Flight Simulator X, Flight Simulator 2004 (from V1.7) and Lockheed Martins Prepar3D. We are planning to support X-Plane in the near future.

FS Global Real Weather not only delivers weather data calculated out of realtime data of more than 24.000 observation stations (land- and seabased) worldwide. It also calculates air masses and temperatues for upper airlevels on a scientific base, which is absolutely necessary for correct flight planning using real world tools. As a first in history of FS weather tools it supports local weather phaenomena (e.g. Foehn weather at Innsbruck; LOWI). It is available as a download and sometimes later as a boxed version.

INFORMATION ABOUT THE CURRENT RELEASE
Version 1.7 Build #003 was released on May 29th 2013 and contains the following changes:
      .) Some changes in all weather engines to allow clouds to move depending on wind direction and speed in FS2004, FSX and P3D.
      .) A bug that caused the wind in FS2004 to suddenly to go zero for a few minutes, was fixed.
      .) A bug that caused many cloud layers in FS2004 to have the wrong base altitude, was fixed.
      .) A bug in the flight planner, that caused wrong average wind directions, was fixed.
      .) A new setting "Depiction Realism" will allow you to control the quality of the weather depiction; set to 100 %, FSGRW will depict the most realistic weather - the lower this setting, the more stratus clouds will be replaced by cumulus clouds for a fancier (but less realistic) look.

ROAD MAP FOR FUTURE UPDATES
We are currently working on or planning the next mayor updates which may contain:
      .) X-Plane support
      .) More local weather effects. Please email your requests!
      .) Further performance improvements for weather transfer     

It's quite good for the other sims mentioned. Can't wait for the XP version.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk 2

Ark

--------------------------

I9 9900K @ 5ghz / 32GB G.Skill (Samsung B) / Aorus Master Mobo / EVGA GTX 2080Ti FTW 3

This can be one of the things that if done right will make a lot more people interested in X-Plane

Alexis Mefano

any update ?

thanks

I scanned their website and had to google translate their last post:

Re: XPlane support!
by Stefan Schaefer »Tue February 8, 2014 1:29 pm

Hello Arnie !

Yes , we would also like to be . However, X-Plane works differently than the MS -based products. Therefore, other approaches are necessary. We are experimenting and working on it. When the time is right , we will talk / write about it ... :-)

LG

Stefan
Stefan Schaefer
Site Admin

Without an updated SDK, and even a major change in the way weather is modeled presently in XP10, I don't think we can get anyway near what FSGRW or Opus or ASN can do for FSX / P3D.

We need to be able to alter weather beyond the ( short ) area around our aircraft present position, we need to be able to inject temperatures and even pressure at various layers ( not only surface and always assume an ISA atmosphere, etc...).

I guess this could be one of the major updates introduced in XP11 (?)

For now, I would be glad just to be able to have a more plausible turbulence generation model. Turbulence whenever variable winds are reported, and overall turbulence intensity and effects on the aircraft really require the attention of the dev team, but there are already many other subjects under update for 10.30 and whatever 10 series versions follow it ( probably not many...).

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

It is unfortunate... seems to be the same story about REX for XPX... a company posts about "near future" or "working on it" and then months, then years go by with no update and no release. 

JCOMM, do you think this has to do with what you mentioned in your post?  I can understand software limitations, but really does seem like people drag their feet when trying to support a product from FSX/P3D to XPX.

I think that it is most probably related to the present limitations imposed by X-Plane's SDK in as far as weather editing / modelling goes, yes.

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

x-plane weather system possible upgrades:

-as you wrote better effects on airports

-continual changes between airports and in time of reloading actual metars

-thnderstorm systems moving across country

-haze fog

-moving clouds with direction of wind

-much better clouds visibility

-NO textured clouds, but fully 3D clouds, please check videos in appendix

-only stratus, cirrus and nimbostratus have some transparency, but not in cumulus type of clouds

check this please:

Will the clouds cast shadows?

i910900k, RTX 3090, 32GB DDR4 RAM, AW3423DW, Ruddy girt big mug of Yorkshire Tea

Guest Mik75

Will the clouds cast shadows?

Sure! ;-)