Sign in to follow this  
Comanche

Mitsubishi MU-2 v 1.5 is out

Great plane, finally updated to 64 bit and new extra goodies

My 1st XP addon from over a year ago, but still one of the best.

xsMU2B60111_6_zpscd7bdfbf.png

xsMU2B60111_5_zps138f7290.png

xsMU2B60111_4_zps1e44cb82.png

xsMU2B60111_3_zpsd302604d.png

Beautiful!

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

Amazing! Downloading as I post!

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

Alexander Colka

Did they end up adding pilots to the cockpit when viewed from outside? I asked a while back (a long while back) and they had said it was planned for the update.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk 2

Ark

--------------------------

I9 9900K @ 5ghz / 32GB G.Skill (Samsung B) / Aorus Master Mobo / EVGA GTX 2080Ti FTW 3

Did they end up adding pilots to the cockpit when viewed from outside? I asked a while back (a long while back) and they had said it was planned for the update.

Why would you like to see the pilots from outside? Aren't you the pilot yourself and sitting inside? :lol:

Apart from that - great. Finally we have a "liftoff" :Drooling:  for V1.5. V1.1 (or so) was my first XP payware around 4 years ago. Downloading right now.

My sceneries (excerpt): LPMA Madeira, LGSR Santorini, the city of Fürth (Germany), ...

Why would you like to see the pilots from outside? Aren't you the pilot yourself and sitting inside? :lol:

Apart from that - great. Finally we have a "liftoff" :Drooling:  for V1.5. V1.1 (or so) was my first XP payware around 4 years ago. Downloading right now.

It's a detail I've always enjoyed in the FS Series.

If the "You only fly from the cockpit" argument was valid, what's the point of a 3D exterior at all? lol

*EDIT* I can't get this thing activated. Tried 3 times. Even changed my password and created a new one. Nothing seems to work.

Ark

I9 9900K @ 5ghz / 32GB G.Skill (Samsung B) / Aorus Master Mobo / EVGA GTX 2080Ti FTW 3

Well.... I just updated and I'm having several issues.

In 64 bit every seems fine until I try to apply wheel breaks. I have it set up on my joystick and it don't work. I have no breaks!!

The right taxi light doesn't illuminate the ground in Non HDR mode.

In 32 bit, its even worse, no switch is animated, nothing is workable, but my brakes do work...lol...go figure.

Anybody else having issues?

Carlos

Windows 11 | Asus Z690-P D4 | i7 12700KF 5.2GHz | 32GB G.Skill (XMP II) | EVGA 3060Ti FTW Ultra | TrackIr v5 | Honeycomb Alfa + Bravo

*EDIT* I can't get this thing activated. Tried 3 times. Even changed my password and created a new one. Nothing seems to work.

Guys, seeking support for something like that here won't get you answers from forum members. Please, please, please contact X-Aviation about issues like this if you have them! We can't be monitoring Avsim all day everyday, but we do monitor support channels dedicated to our services.

In 32 bit, its even worse, no switch is animated, nothing is workable, but my brakes do work...lol...go figure.

It's incompatible with 32-bit.

The right taxi light doesn't illuminate the ground in Non HDR mode.

That's correct and normal per X-Plane spec if you are using X-Plane 10 lights. This is not limited to the MU-2.

In 64 bit every seems fine until I try to apply wheel breaks. I have it set up on my joystick and it don't work. I have no breaks!!

Can't say I've seen that one, but how about using the support forums at X-Pilot to interact with the developer?

Founder of X-Aviation

Great update! I just got done flying her on a quick hop and all was right with the world. 

• Upvote 1

Is it done yet? When will it be released? Will it be freeware or payware? How much will it cost? Any updates on the progress? Will it work for Xbox? Can I be a beta tester? How's the performance in VR?

When I originally started this thread to say the update was out, I was in such a hurry, I quickly loaded up the old version of the plane by mistake..

So here are updated images of the new ver 1.5.  

(I cant seem to remove the other images,)

Rob

xsMU2B60_15_36_zps7e303bca.png

xsMU2B60_15_38_zps58e761b9.png

xsMU2B60_15_30_zps82cdd149.png

xsMU2B60_15_28_zps46b648e4.png

xsMU2B60_15_24_zps71774a6b.png

xsMU2B60_15_21_zps17a9c0a4.png

• Upvote 5

The Moo has a special place in my affections. It was my first payware aircraft for XP and also the most complex up to that point. It rapidly became my favourite.

She is even better in her 1.5 64bit incarnation, and to my mind a genuine classic for the XP genre (the updated version only available for XPX 64bit).

Tom Kyler (the author of the plane) has experience in the type and his passion for this aircraft is imprinted throughout the detail in the model (the 3D modelling & graphics are superb!).

I've never flown the aircraft IRL (I'm NOT a pilot but flew extensively in the army as 3rd class baggage), but it feels right to my mind. This model exhibits superb flying characteristics (with a bit of a wilful brumby attitude thrown in the mix).

I used to think that the original version (1.1) flew well, however an analogy of a comparison between the current iteration and the previous version would be the difference between a fine 100 y.o. oak cured single malt whiskey (now) compared to Johnny Walker Red Label (previouisly) ... it is that much smoother and VERY believable.

IMO, the MU-2 should be in the hangar of every flying addict with XPX (particularly if you love Turboprops). If you've never flown it, it's incredibly immersive, agile and fast ... sort of like a sporty turboprop :) ... Cheers!

This was my first payware aircraft for XP and LITERALLY the entire reason I came to the sim. It was this the single add-on that sparked my interest in XP years ago, and for that, I can't say thank you enough to Tom.

Tom, if you read this, YOU are the reason I am using XP to this day. Thank you!

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk 2

Ark

The MU-2 was my first payware investment, as well, back in 2008.  It spoiled me for all other aircraft for quite some time. She's a sweet, yet challenging, girl to know and fly.  I think with all of Tom's team's work they should have called it V2, rather than an "update" because it's that much gooder!  Still a magnificent model and very immersive.

• Upvote 1

I have a cow in my fleet now!   MUuuuuuuuuu...!

:-)

It's really very beautiful, and I look fwd to test fly it too :-)

Will report ASAP!

• Upvote 1

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...