Sign in to follow this  
Comanche

Mitsubishi MU-2 v 1.5 is out

Holy Cow!!!!! MUuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu

Well, I'm speechless !!!!  What an amazing model to hand fly. Everything about this Mu-2 is so special that I now understand some of the reviews / oppinios I did read about it.

Great to be able to get it now in 64 bit!!!

Each new day, since I returned to X-Plane10, has just bought me good reasons to understand this was my best move!

Thx Tom! I owe you one!!!!

Ah... those memories of the my Hasewgawa MU-2J kit (som 30 yrs ago...) :-/

• Upvote 1

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since October 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

Thank you all gentlement for the kind words....it is very encouraging.  It was my goal way back when to try and get folks to try x-plane and show what it can do and it makes me glad a few folks gave it a try.  Hopefully the 737 will woo a few more.   Indeed the Moo is special to me and what I have in my head for where I want to take it in x-plane means there is still a whole lot more to do.  A lot of love is applied to the higher end airliners but I would like this Moo to be at the top graphically and simulation wise so there is not only much to do still, but much to look forward to.....more accurate engine sounds, new cockpit sounds, totally new high-res 3D, weather radar, deep electrical system with working breakers, better GPS, prop locks, more animations, real cabin lighting....moving map screen in the cabin...oh man, I got all sorts of cool ideas.

TomK

Ah... those memories of the my Hasewgawa MU-2J kit (som 40 yrs ago...) :-/

Got one in the box right next to me!  Going to assemble it one day!

• Upvote 2

Tom, every single bit of the aircraft is GREAT!  I confess I wasn't up for the challenge, nor did I believe it could be this good!!!

I take my hat off to your work and tallent Tom!!!! SUPERB!!!!!

• Upvote 1

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since October 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

That's a great plane, I was waiting for it for a long long time! Finally it was released! Great!

Riccardo

OS: Windows 10-64 bit, CPU: i7-7700K @4.20 GHz, GPU: Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1080 G1 8GB GDDR5, RAM: Corsair Vengeance DDR4 32GB 3000MHz, MB: MSI Z270

You guys are about to convince me to spend some more money!  Tom has always worked hard to improve the experience as evidenced with the default King Air 90A.  Anything he works on is going to "work as advertised" and, yes, he is responsive to his fans.  Thank you Tom!

John

John Wingold

That is an amazing looking MU-2 and I don't even own X-Plane!

Obscure trivia-Did you know that the country western musician, Roy Clark owned and personally flew an MU-2?

The MU-2 was considered a very "Hot" aircraft, big power and high wing loading.

That is an amazing looking MU-2 and I don't even own X-Plane!

Obscure trivia-Did you know that the country western musician, Roy Clark owned and personally flew an MU-2?

The MU-2 was considered a very "Hot" aircraft, big power and high wing loading.

And dangerous.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk 2

Ark

--------------------------

I9 9900K @ 5ghz / 32GB G.Skill (Samsung B) / Aorus Master Mobo / EVGA GTX 2080Ti FTW 3

And dangerous.

For those who lack experience or try to fly it inappropriately, yes.  What the MU-2 really is, is different.  The reduction in accident rates in the US since mandated type-specific training/currency went in to effect back that up.

Scott

.....more accurate engine sounds, new cockpit sounds, totally new high-res 3D, weather radar, deep electrical system with working breakers, better GPS, prop locks, more animations, real cabin lighting....moving map screen in the cabin...oh man, I got all sorts of cool ideas.

TomK

Got one in the box right next to me! Going to assemble it one day!

Hey Tom have you planned to improve Mu-2 much more in the future? Maybe a v2.0?

Riccardo

OS: Windows 10-64 bit, CPU: i7-7700K @4.20 GHz, GPU: Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1080 G1 8GB GDDR5, RAM: Corsair Vengeance DDR4 32GB 3000MHz, MB: MSI Z270

Hey Tom have you planned to improve Mu-2 much more in the future? Maybe a v2.0?

Without a doubt.   While the 737 is now high priority, I expect to take a lot of that experience and code base back into the MU2 for a 2.0 version, pretty much completely rebuilt.  There is still a whole lot I still do not like about the current Moo and I want to be able to turn to any page in my POH here and have it work and sound like the real thing.   I'd like it to be every bit as detailed and accurate as we're trying to make the 737.  Usually the airliners get all the love, but I think a top notch turboprop with the same kind of attention and detailed systems simulation would be just as much fun in its own way and the Moo is just fun to fly IMO.   I'd hope for a mid 2014 release on a Moo 2.0....have to get this 737 out the door before my wife kicks me out of the house.

TomK

• Upvote 2

@ tkyler: I own the Mu-2 for X-Plane version 10 and it's amazing! It's such a challenging delight to fly; I take it everywhere! But do you have an update about the aforementioned improvements?  I eagerly await your response.

Thank you for (in my opinion) the best X-Plane aircraft available!

- jarsky

@ tkyler: I own the Mu-2 for X-Plane version 10 and it's amazing! It's such a challenging delight to fly; I take it everywhere! But do you have an update about the aforementioned improvements?  I eagerly await your response.

Thank you for (in my opinion) the best X-Plane aircraft available!

- jarsky

You can get the Native 530 patch here.

http://forums.x-pilot.com/topic/6884-new-gns-430/?p=75132

Nice!

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

Thank you kindly for the link! I'm usually good at finding things, but I would have missed that.

Thank you for your help!

- jarsky

I just happened to stumble on it as I spent hours trying to add the 430 and then I noticed the dev added it.