Sign in to follow this  
CAPTAIN_CARESS

My Ai Traffic is gone!!!!After re-installing FS9!!!

Just wondering if you guys could offer me any advice and assistance...Like most of you, i recently attempted to install the new fs9 patch, but it failed to install succesfully, so i thought that i would take the risk and completely re-install fs9 and everyrhing in it.So i did and after many hiccups, i think i have things working ok, however, because i had to re-install fs9, i seem to have lost all my custom ai-traffic that i had built up. Now all i see are default traffic. My aircraft folder still has all the ai aircraft but i cannot see all my customised traffic in the sim, only default.Is there any way around this, or have i lost my ai traffic?

Did you backup your FS9 directory before uninstalling?

-------------------------

Craig from KBUF

It depends on what traffic you were using, but there should be a traffic.bgl (or something similar).

Craig from KBUF

I was basically using Project Ai traffic, as well as MRAI Flightplans with Ai-Aardvark etc... aircraft.Where would the traffic.bgl file be located?Appreciate your help! ;)

Just do a search for *traffic*.bgl and see what comes up. I can't remember exactly where it is located. I'm not sure what else is needed to get the PAI stuff working. You might want to check their forums if this doesn't work.

Craig from KBUF

Appears your re-installs overworte your customized traffic.bgl file with the default one. Take a look at your FS2004/World/scenery folder. That's where the traffic.bgl files. Maybe it's still there as a .bak file or something. I have like 8 or so I created.

I've found a file called traffic030528.bgl not sure if this is the original traffic.bgl file before installing additional ai traffic. It was in a spare folder on my HD for back up.

I have found the traffic030528.bgl file in the World/scenery folder infs9. I'm assuming this is the default traffic then, as there is no other traffic.bgl files in the folder.

Guest Paragon

Unless you backed up your old file(s) I'm afraid you are out of luck. The one you found is the default traffic file. The .BGL file contains the flightplans and in reinstalling fs9 you either overwrote or deleted your traffic file.-Mikkel

Problem sorted guys, i just re-compiled all the traffic, as i still had the original pai and mrai files ;)Now my only problem is that i have all the default traffic which i would like to remove but i cannot quite remember how i did it the first time :(Any suggestions?I've been to the PAI website to get the default ai removers, but it doesn't seem to work :(

Hi,The simplest way is to rename the default traffic file to traffic(numbers).bgl.orig. Then if you want the default GA traffic back, download the AI traffic split file from here and install only the GA file part into the same folder as your old default traffic file.Hope this helps,--Tom GibsonCal Classic Propliner Page: http://www.calclassic.comFreeflight Design Shop: http://www.freeflightdesign.comDrop by! ___x_x_(")_x_x___