Sign in to follow this  
ohsirus

How is JRollon's BAE Jetstream 32?

It's 33% off now at the .Org, Thinking of picking it up or grabbing the T7.

The J32 is my favorite XPX Add-on. Not quite as complex as the CRJ but still very complex, loads of fun, and it looks great. IMO, its a great deal at full price, let alone 33% off.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk 2

Ark

--------------------------

I9 9900K @ 5ghz / 32GB G.Skill (Samsung B) / Aorus Master Mobo / EVGA GTX 2080Ti FTW 3

It's 33% off now at the .Org, Thinking of picking it up or grabbing the T7.

Depends on what you're after:

The last time I tried the addon I had to set over half scale aileron and/or rudder trim for a somewhat level takeoff. In the actual aircraft, those two will usually be set to neutral for takeoff (rudder trim tab is set 7 degrees to the right if you have a neutral indication in the cockpit). You will almost never get near half scale trim deflection in normal operations. I think this is a genuine issue, whether it's the addon or X-Plane itself doesn't really matter. What does matter is that you shouldn't consider it a realistic simming experience as long as the issue exists. It's a beautiful addon, it's fun, and might be considered a challenge, it's just not realistic.

I'm sure this is an invitation for LAdamson to get in here and discuss torque roll, but as a pilot on the lovely sh!tbuckets that are the actual J31/32 planes it has to be said.

Get it, you're not going to regret it!!

Windows 11 | Asus Z690-P D4 | i7 12700KF 5.2GHz | 32GB G.Skill (XMP II) | EVGA 3060Ti FTW Ultra | TrackIr v5 | Honeycomb Alfa + Bravo

I'm very tempted by this. How is it on frames?

i910900k, RTX 3090, 32GB DDR4 RAM, AW3423DW, Ruddy girt big mug of Yorkshire Tea

I didn't see any performance degradation!

Windows 11 | Asus Z690-P D4 | i7 12700KF 5.2GHz | 32GB G.Skill (XMP II) | EVGA 3060Ti FTW Ultra | TrackIr v5 | Honeycomb Alfa + Bravo

I didn't see any performance degradation!

Me either.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk 2

Ark

--------------------------

I9 9900K @ 5ghz / 32GB G.Skill (Samsung B) / Aorus Master Mobo / EVGA GTX 2080Ti FTW 3

I love the turboprops in x-plane. The 2 that are must haves IMO are the Mu2 and the J32, both extremely satisfying GA simulation experiences.

The J32 is available from the ORG (as is the T7); while both the MU2 and the JS32 are available from X-Aviation.

The T7 is pretty good as well, but I'm a regional flyer at heart ;).

Only had a short time to play around with it so no detailed feedback yet although I'm certainly happy with the visuals. Stunning!

However I can only assume others have been luckier with frames than me. It's a huge frames drop for me with this - I lose 10FPS or so compared to Carenado's Centurion.

i910900k, RTX 3090, 32GB DDR4 RAM, AW3423DW, Ruddy girt big mug of Yorkshire Tea

Just got it and running it on my crappy laptop, great performance and very fun to fly. Time to dig into the manual. Glad I picked it up!

Yeah I should have amended that. Actually further testing shows it's about the same as other planes although there is a very small drop. When I first tried it I'd loaded up some AI that seems to cause a huge drop in frames when I look at the planes in VC.