Sign in to follow this  
zmak

Cant get changes in FSX settings/controls/buttons to stick

Hi all , this has been going on for ages so time for a fix

When I go to settings, controls, buttons and then make a change to one of the keys I find that when I save and exit those changes they dont actually save to the next flight.

However if I make those changes several times they will eventually save. But then starts another problem. If I delete those changes they dont actually delete but re appear in the next flight

what am I doing wrong here?

ZORAN

I've also noticed this bug as well. After I make a change, I save the folder on my back up HD so if the settings revert back to what they were before I made changes, I can simply copy & paste the saved changes back into FSX.

The folder is located in the same folder as your FSX cfg file. It is the very top folder titled "Controls". Open that folder up and you will see an XML file labeled "Standard". That file contains all the settings you made from the Control tab in the Options drop down menu in the FSX Tool Bar.

Hope that helps a bit.

well thats better than having to manually go through it all, thanks for the tip

Just a thought, you could also save a profile for every aircraft?

ZORAN

Tried setting up what you want then saving yor flight as default?

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

will give it a try :-)

ZORAN

Just a thought is  your uac  turned off?

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

Will that save the control settings for each plane?

Just a thought is  your uac  turned off?

yes It is

ZORAN

Than i cant  see  why its not  saving  than the settings, suppose your  running  as admin rights  as well. Was going to mention have  you got your fsx folder  checked  for read only but  than again you say  it works some  times  so this  is not  an option to  check.

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

Than i cant see why its not saving than the settings

From my experience FSX doesn't save changed settings if you do not exit FSX properly, e.g. if FSX crashes after you've changed the settings. Also I found that it doesn't change them permanently if you exit it via Alt+F4 instead of the exit button on the main page, but maybe I got something wrong there...

thought I would Bump this because I have no control over FSX settings anymore

Now I cant even save changes in Fsx.cfg

Im trying to change wide=false to true but it just reverts back again

UAC slider is at off or never notify so whats happening here?. I am running FSX as admin

ZORAN

Ok  this may sound  stupid  but  when you make  changes  in  your  fsx.cfg setting  and  when you exit  does  a box appear  saying you want  to save  changes?

Peter kelberg

its saved okay now after I right clicked fsx folder/properties and enabled full control. Maybe this will solve my problems, I cant check until I finish my 2 hour flight.

Im pretty sure I saved the Cfg file , I dont think you close the file or remove it from the task bar unless its saved?

ZORAN

yes  you can by selecting  don't  save  or  save  you have  to choose which one before it  closes

Peter kelberg

Do you have some addon that constantly saves cfg's ?

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |