Sign in to follow this  
Guest JustanotherPilot

Engine cones consistently not shown on fan disc hub

Guest JustanotherPilot

I have been flying the 737NGX pretty much everyday since it's release. I find it to be the best add-on  aircraft purchase I have made. However I would say that 60% of the time the aircraft loads without engine cones. I have tried all of the 'fixes' shown in the forum posts, sometimes  they work, most times not. My question is " why is this happening on a regular basis and what can be done to permanently fix it.?"

I have a high end gaming machine with plenty of CPU, ram and video, so I don't think the problem lies in my equipment. Will this same method of development be carried over to the 777 or has a better solution been adopted.

Can anyone offer a fix to this annoying and ongoing problem?

Steve

Is your engine cone just a white disc? If so I had the same problem until it was pointed out to me that this was because I was changing from one NGX variant to another, which the software doesn't like doing. If this is the case, the solution is to load something like a default Cessna, and then load in the NGX. I now always keep my default flight set up with a Cessna to overcome this problem.

Kevin O'Connell

Kevin O'Connell

Yes, as Kevin said, don't change aircraft (NGX to NGX) during flight, go back to the main menu and set up your next flight or load the cessna then re load the NGX.

Guest JustanotherPilot

The disc comes no matter how I load the aircraft, from initial aircraft selection, or revert to default Cessna then load the NGX.  As I have said, sometimes I get lucky and a complete aircraft loads. Does anyone have thoughts on why this happens on a regular basis, with the view of creating a permanent fix?. The problems has existed since day one of release.

Hmmm not sure then in that case! I've only ever experienced that when changing in flight from one variant to another.

Maybe try a fresh install and see if it persists.