Sign in to follow this  
sac601

FSX Plane screen all black

I had problem with PMDG and FSDREAM TEAM scenery and read to uninstall acceleration and SP1 and 2 and reinstall them. I did and now when I go to choose a plane, they are all there but when I choose one, the screen is all black with nothing. When I press Fly to load it samething. I can hear the plane but black screen. I try to activate my acceleration but it doesn't work so I press later.

Can anyone help please?

Thanks

Al

I attached a picture hope it work.

Al

If I remember correctly, when I once had a blank start up screen (ie. without the picture of a rotating aircraft), I checked two areas within the Sim Objects/Aircraft Name folder:

1.   Open the specific aircraft folder and ensure that there is a .jpg file under Thumbnail.   This is for instances when you don't see a picture of your aircraft in the Aircraft Selection Screen, but just see a default with ? picture.

2.   Open the aircraft cfg file, and at the aircraft in question you should have an entry at texture that corresponds to the texture file in the aircraft folder. (e.g. in my case, for an installed KLM aircraft, I have a file called "texture.klm" (w/o quotes).   As well, there is an entry in the aircraft cfg file "texture=klm" (w/o quotes).   

If any of these entries is missing, then you won't see your aircraft.   I assume all your other files with that aircraft folder are correct and that you have installed FSX, with its SPs correctly (ie. loading a flight after each SP install).

Chris