Sign in to follow this  
JesC

B55 ADF after latest update

The SP1 update fixed the ADF and it was working well. However, since the latest update the ADF seems to be non-functional, again. Is there anyway to restore the ADF functionality?

See here:  http://www.flightsim.com/vbfs/showthread.php?265314-Milviz-B55-ADF-not-working-properly

and, here: http://www.milviz.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=59&t=3047&hilit=ADF

Thanks for any help.

Jesse Cochran
"... eyes ever turned skyward"

P3D v5.3 Professional, Windows 10 Professional, Jetline GTX, Gigabyte Aorus X299 Gaming 7 mobo, i7 7740X @ 4.9 GHz, Corsair H115i Liquid Cooling, 32Gb SDRAM @ 3200MHz, Nvidia GeForce GTX1080Ti @ 11 GB

ORBX Global + NALC, ASP3D, ASCA, ENVTEX, TrackIR, Virtual-Fly Yoko Yoke, TQ6+, Ruddo+ Rudder Pedals

It would be nice to have a screenshot of the problem,the tuned fix / freq, location, altitude and heading so others could test.

Best Regards,

Vaughan Martell - PP-ASEL KDTW

Looking into the question i have to suspect the distance to the tuned ndb is at its limit , the unit will default to 90 * if out of range or not tuned , the other needle will read Nav 2 if tuned and in range and if out of range will default to Nav1.

Let us know if getting closer solves the needle wandering  , as well were any changes made to the radio section of your Aircraft.cfg ?

Best CJ

In my case I tested within less than five miles of the NDB. No changes to .cfg.

Reverted to previous release and ADF works fine in same scenario.

Jesse Cochran

P3D v5.3 Professional, Windows 10 Professional, Jetline GTX, Gigabyte Aorus X299 Gaming 7 mobo, i7 7740X @ 4.9 GHz, Corsair H115i Liquid Cooling, 32Gb SDRAM @ 3200MHz, Nvidia GeForce GTX1080Ti @ 11 GB

ORBX Global + NALC, ASP3D, ASCA, ENVTEX, TrackIR, Virtual-Fly Yoko Yoke, TQ6+, Ruddo+ Rudder Pedals

Have same problem.  Definitely is not distance related.  In my case the needle points, it just does not point at the NDB tuned. 

I have also started a thread on the Milviz support forum, and the initial response from Milviz is to revert to the previous SP.   As far as reverting to the old SP, isn't that a problem:  it may fix the ADF problem, but will not fix the problem that the latest SP was addressing, i.e., RXP 3D knob integration and eliminating the "square".  Am I missing something here?

My system specs: Intel i9-10850@3.6 - 5.2 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080, 32GB  DDR4  RAMNoctua NH-D15 CPU Cooler,1TB Seagate SSD, 4TB Seagate HD, Windows 10, Asus 32 inch monitor, Saitek Yoke, Throttle Quadrant, Rudder Pedals and Trim Wheel     Sims: MSFS2020      Preferred Aircraft  Black Square Bonanza, and Baron, A2A Comanche, PMDG DC-6, Red Wing L1049 

Thanks for checking , we can look now at both files to see what changed and where , the sp had not focused on that section and it was in theory unchanged but empirical evidence belies theory here , we will investigate. 

Best CJ

Thanks, CJ. Also, please see here; http://milviz.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=59&t=3047

Would hate to see you all spending your time in duplicating efforts.

Jesse

Jesse Cochran

Have same problem.  Definitely is not distance related.

+1

Dirk.

We know about this issue.  We cannot fix it right now as the 737 is on final.

It will be fixed shortly thereafter.

Please contact oisin at milviz dot com for forum registration information.  Please provide proof of purchase if you want support.  Also, include the username you wish to have.

We know about this issue.  We cannot fix it right now as the 737 is on final.

It will be fixed shortly thereafter.

That sounds good to me.

Best Regards,

if you're on the forums, please contact me by PM....  (on our forum... not here)

Please contact oisin at milviz dot com for forum registration information.  Please provide proof of purchase if you want support.  Also, include the username you wish to have.

I tried on your forum but the connection was never completed.

The internet signal is not connecting .. at least for a while now.

So, I PMed you from here the.

Best Regards,

our site is presently down.  We are working to get it back up.

Ok,

I will try again later.

Best Regards,

We're now testing the fix.  If all good, we will send it out to all of the portals, put the new one up and bob's your uncle... (if you don't have an uncle bob... well... what can I say?  Poor you!)