Sign in to follow this  
Guest BOPrey

Hi all, my first post here.

Guest BOPrey

Greetings,I'm a new commer to FS, and having a lot of fun learning FS. I do have a few question which I have not been able to find in the documentation. 1) Is there a way to lock the nose wheel during take off and landing?2) How do you approch those small airport that has no ILS, no VOR, no Runway lights.3) I love the LearerJet, but the one comes with FS9 does not cover a lot of things. Is there a third party paid/free addon?These are all Qs for now. Thnx in advance for any pointers.

1) No. Use the rudder to keep your centerline. Some tail wheel aircraft have wheel locks.2) Very carefully. Are you talking about visual IFR approaches. Use ATC to line you up with the runway and land. VFR landings, do what the tower tells you to do to get lined up with the runway. If you want to follow the proceedures the real pilots do, I would suggest some research on approaches, standard airport operation proceedures, etc. If you have a more specific question, let us know.3) There is all kinds of Payware and Freeware business jets available. I don't know of any Lears, but Eaglesoft has some fantastic Cessna Citations and Beechjets that get pretty involved in systems. The Aeroworx King Air is also great when it comes to operating systems.Welcome to the forums and FS.:D

Guest ba747heavy

>Greetings,>>I'm a new commer to FS, and having a lot of fun learning FS. I>do have a few question which I have not been able to find in>the documentation. Welcome to AVSIM and FS. You have been assimilated :)>1) Is there a way to lock the nose wheel during take off and>landing?I don't think so. It wouldn't be that good of an idea anyway. Those gusts of wind can push you off the center line and you would (sometimes, depending on plane and speed) use the nosewheel for steering.>2) How do you approch those small airport that has no ILS, no>VOR, no Runway lights.In FS I believe every runway has runway lights. In real life, if the runway had no runway lights I wouldn't be landing on it at night :) But to answer your question in a more specific manner, you basically 'eyeball' the approach. You can enter the pattern where you need to, align yourself with the runway, and land. This is how a VFR pilot flies.>3) I love the LearerJet, but the one comes with FS9 does not>cover a lot of things. Is there a third party paid/free>addon?Unfortunetly, the FS9(.1) planes aren't that detailed in there simulation of the systems. The closest thing to a proper business jet are the business jets by Eaglesoft. You can check them out at www.eaglesoftdg.com All of there planes have done well in reviews...I don't own any of there planes myself, so maybe someone else can offer you a perspective on how there planes compare to the LearJet.Have fun in FS!

Guest Peter Sidoli

>2) How do you approch those small airport that has no ILS, no VOR, no Runway lights.

Guest BOPrey

Thank you for your quick replies, yellow, ba, peter.As I am new to FS, I still don't know what all those gauges do yet, let alone following ATC. Just the other day, I found out you can kill the battery if you leave the lights on for too long without turning on the engine. LoL. Well, it looks like I have a lot of catching up to do. Againt, thank you for your help.

Guest j-mo

When I was new to FS I found the lessons extremely helpful. It can take a while to master all of them, but you'll find yourself feeling pretty knowledgeable.