Sign in to follow this  
GAJ52

Does VoxATC Provide the Arrival ATIS ?

I've noticed I can tune the Departure ATIS with VoxATC but can't find an option to tune the Arrival ATIS.  Is this not modelled or am I missing something.  Had a look in the manual but can't find anything regarding the Arr ATIS.

Glen

Glen

Anyone ?

Glen

Yes you can tune into the ATIS at your desanation.

If you are flying a flight plan you will be given the option to tune in to the ATIS and the VOXATC menu will display the frequency required.

I have never tried tuning in to an ATIS on-the-fly but see no reason why it shoulnt work.

Rich

Thanks Rich

Strange seeing your location that's where I have been doing my testing of VoxATC between Gatwick and Bristol.  Even with a flight plan loaded I have never seen the option to tune an arrival ATIS hence my query.  Once I reach KENET on my way to Bristol I will have to keep pressing '0' to see what appears in the Options ?

Glen

Glen

I have never been presented with the option to tune the ATIS arrival either, however, if you know the frequency there is nothing to stop you entering it and VoxATC will read the report.

Yes I've flown a few flights since posting this question and if the arrival ATIS is available through VoxATC its well hidden in the options because I can't find it.  I am surprised this is not available though, as getting the arrival weather is an important function before landing at an airfield.

Glen

If you know the frequency, you can tune it in COM 2, it work with the NGX, don't forget to "active" COM2 in audio panel!

I'm French, sorry for my bad english 🙂

I use Aivlasoft's EFB so I suppose I could find the arrival ATIS frequency there. It would be much easier if it was part on the normal VoxATC panel options as this controls the ATC frequencies.

Glen

If you know the frequency, you can tune it in COM 2, it work with the NGX, don't forget to "active" COM2 in audio panel!

How do you activate this feature? I tune to com 2 and never hear anything. 

You must push the VHF2 in audio panel

11062301301629040.jpg

I'm French, sorry for my bad english 🙂

Thanks. Finally got it to work but fsx crashed on me so no idea if it was going to work out in the end. 

Recently Ive just tuned ATIS into COM 1 and listened to it and then switched back over to whatever center I was on.  I get ATIS from the Airport Diagrams that I print off from Airnav.com.  I think that site only has stuff for the U.S. though.

I managed to get it to come across com 2 and its giving me the correct runway to land at.

You should always have your approach plates and airport diagram plates at the ready when coming in.   As stated, they have your ATIS information.   Punch it on COM2 and flip back and forth as needed.    ATC is not going to give that to you.  They expect you to have it already as you are coming in.   Preflight for the win!

100454.png
Captain K-Man FlightBlog Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCulqmz0zmIMuAzJvDAZPkWQ  //  Streaming on YouTube most Wednesdays and Fridays @ 6pm CST

Brian Navy

Recently Ive just tuned ATIS into COM 1 and listened to it and then switched back over to whatever center I was on.  I get ATIS from the Airport Diagrams that I print off from Airnav.com.  I think that site only has stuff for the U.S. though.

The Vox documentation gives you the phraseology for requesting a frequency change for weather. So you can do exactly that by following defined Vox procedures.