Sign in to follow this  
Guest Mik75

Any recommendations on a good headset with n/c mic?

Guest Mik75

Hi!

I am experimenting with MCE interfacing with RC4. So far, I really like the results. RC runs on my networked laptop. I hear RC's voices through the laptop's speakers while the sound of the a/c and all the other environmental sounds come through my main speaker system which is connected to the FSX machine. Also plugged into the main PC is a cheap USB headset to playback the voices of FS2Crew and MCE and to record my own voice. Everything works nicely, but as soon as ATC is talking to me, MCE picks up this sound through the headset. That's quite annoying. I've read other threads concerning this problem, and a possible solution is to connect the audio out of the laptop with the audio in of the FSX machine with the result that all sounds are being played back through the headset. I'd like to keep the sound set up mentioned above, so my question is:

Are there any good USB headsets (wired or wireless) with a microphone that has active noise cancelling and therefore only records my own voice, and really nothing else? Right now, with my cheap headset, I can hear absolutely everything in the room, including a ticking clock, although I already turned the level in the control panel down...

Any input is highly appreciated!

I would recommend The Astro A40 Headset. I have had my pair for the past few years and I honestly love them. Back when I used to play console I would use them frequently, but ever since i switched to PC, They work even better on my computer. Another benefit is that with the A40's, You can also listen to music with them with an Ipod, any Smartphone nowadays, and mp3 players. I also use them for FSX for both FS2Crew and Vatsim, and they work great..... So in the end, I HIGHLY recommend them :)

Any ideas?

Anything with USB should be ok. I have logitech, can't remember the model right now. It works excelent

i have this for the last 2 years excellents sounds amazing good bass also good luck man    Sound Blaster Tactic3D Sigma Gaming regards  fernando....

Guest Mik75

Thanks for the answers!

I am still not sure whether USB or analog connection is the better choice...1

For VATSIM, voice recognition etc... USB is better choice

You guys figured out how to get to get the intercom working on vatsim/FSInn? 

So when you speak with PTT you can actually hear yourself on the headset? 

Soarbywire - Avionics Engineering

http://www.trittonaudio.com/

I have an older model analog 5.1 + PRO I got in 2011 that still sounds incredible. Best headset I've ever owned. Flexible mic that's easily detachable. Sturdy construction. I believe you get what you pay for, these were $100.00 and worth every penny.

http://www.trittonaudio.com/prod/pc510.asp (this one says it's true analog and connects via USB).

Guest Mik75

Thanks for your answers!

I think, I´ll either go for the Plantronics Gamecom 780 or the Logitech G930. The decision wether to buy wired or wireless has still to be made... ;-)

I have the Logitech G930 Wireless headset. I would highly recommend it. The build quility, functionality and comfort of this headset matches and exceeds alot of headsets I've seen that are a lot more expensive. One of my favourite purchases for my PC ever!

Had wireless...spotty performance. The computer is trying to run so many add-ons+hardware already...so switched to wired (have I mentioned how much I hate wires??!! lol) and it's been flawless. Sometimes the old ways are the best ways, I guess.

Good luck on your choice!

Alan