Sign in to follow this  
dinos17298

pmdg 777 cocpit lighting

as i was looking at the preview pictures i noticed something

Boeing_777_cockpit_inflight_opt600x400_f

pmdg_777_vc_04.jpg

the color of the lights are different in the preview the lights are wite and in the real are orange also the overhead lights are brighter in real life.

pmdg is doing a realy nice work but im just trying to help with some small things!

I'm sure they have said before that photographers tend to expand the colour depth in their pictures. The PMDG cockpit lighting is the exact rendition of the real thing. 

Its only we see it differently in photographs which is in-fact the false colour. 

Don't worry PMDG goes through great pains to simulate panel color, lighting etc.  They have permission to access to all Boeing development material and will get everything right.

You must also remember that lighting and camera setup will affect how a picture looks.

\Robert Hamlich/

When those screenshots were taken, they were still doing the flood lighting. I hope the same as yourself - since every 777 flight deck I've been at during Night HAS had the yellow/orangey backlighting. Of course pictures online are edited etc, so don't expect that exact. However, it's actually not too far off from what you see in most pictures/videos. They did it well with the 747 if I remember correctly, so hope for this!

I think is the dome light. Same as in the B737.

No, the dome light is more aft - the OP was regarding the flood lighting on the panels. They currently have the Storm lighting on in the flight deck - which is every light on whilst using the brightest setting. Used at night when around thunderstorms to project pilots eyes. Makes a nice easy function for all the lights to come on too which I for one will take advantage of whilst on stand.

I think the flood lighting is actually white and just the colour of the flight deck making it give the yellow feel. I've had no chance to look at the lighting system that in depth in the real aircraft, so could be completely wrong.

I work on these aircraft and these cockpits have smooth lighting like PMDG depicts it.

some of the photos you see on line like the one that is displayed is super imposed.

I work on these aircraft and these cockpits have smooth lighting like PMDG depicts it.

some of the photos you see on line like the one that is displayed is super imposed.

Yep pmdg pretty much nailed it.